Pre-Game Talk: 12/7 Islanders vs Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Probable D pair for tonight with Boychuk out?
Leddy-Pelech
de Haan-Pulock
Hickey-Mayfield

With Boychuk out, this defense is probably the worst of any team currently in a playoff position in the league. Its honestly embarrassing considering how good the team is upfront, that with an injury or two to the top two pairings, this would be a mediocre AHL defense.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
The forwards will have to help out by not flying the zone too fast.

LI2RVA

Jul 8, 2016
My dislike for the Penguins is almost as bad as for the Rag$. I want to win this game soooo much! Nice to have zeek back and i like that Boychuck is not playing tonight, many of you may not agree with me, but I think he is to slow against a fast moving team like the Penguins. He was on his heals alot against Tampa.
Most defenders are on their heels a lot against Tampa ;)

LI2RVA

Jul 8, 2016
Just guessing, but I would think they keep deHaan and Pelech together and put Mayfield with Leddy and Pulock with Hickey

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
With Boychuk out, this defense is probably the worst of any team currently in a playoff position in the league. Its honestly embarrassing considering how good the team is upfront, that with an injury or two to the top two pairings, this would be a mediocre AHL defense.

Well 3 of the 6 are not far removed from the AHL.

The Islanders have not really produced any top notch homegrown defenders, maybe Hamonic but it's alarming to say the least. I sure hope between this generation (Mayfield, Pelech, Pulock) and next (Toews, Aho, MVS) we are able to break that trend and finally produce a top pairing guy we can say is a product of our organization.

I'm curious to see what Toews looks like on NHL ice, you gotta think he'll be primed for a debut by fall of next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad