upload_2017-12-6_15-18-52.png

upload_2017-12-7_2-39-56.png

13415236534_b606c4d7ed_b.jpg

NEVER FORGET - DECEMBER 7, 1941

upload_2017-12-7_2-48-33.png

Tonight's Officials

130p_lecuyer.jpg
130p_ohalloran.jpg

Referees Frederick L'Ecuyer (17), Dan O'Halloran (13)
Linesmen Bevan Mills (53), Greg Devorski (54)

Ntl. Anthem Jackie Foster

WAYBACK MACHINE

upload_2017-12-7_3-18-5.png

BOSTON vs ARIZONA, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Coyotes are meeting for the 77th time in their histories (includes Arizona as Winnipeg Jets) with the Bruins having a 48-20-7-1 record and a 289-221 scoring edge in those contests.

They are 26-6-4-1 vs. Arizona in 37 games on home ice with a 156-104 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins have won the last 11 games between these teams, including a 6-2 win in Arizona on 10/14 in the 1st game of this season’s series, with their last loss to the Coyotes a 5-2 home setback in Prague on Oct. 9, 2010.

Fun Fact: The Bruins are 18-8-2-1 overall vs. the Coyotes since they relocated to Arizona in 1996.

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins host the Coyotes tonight for the second of two games between these teams and Arizona’s lone visit of the season to TD Garden … The Bruins are 12-9-4 this season and are 7-4-2 on home ice thus far … They are 6-3-1 against Pacific Division foes and 8- 6-1 against the Western Conference.

The Bruins are opening tonight a stretch in which they will play 5 of their next 6 games on home ice … They will next host the NY Islanders on 12/9 and play in Detroit on 12/13 in the lone road game of that span

:bruins:coyotes

Way back on Oct. 9, 2010, the Arizona Coyotes, then known as the Phoenix Coyotes, defeated the Boston Bruins in the opening game of the season in Prague. Phoenix/Arizona hasn't beaten the Bruins since, starting with the second game of the Prague visit.

The teams meet again for the second time this season Thursday night at TD Garden, with the Coyotes opening a three-game road trip and Boston playing the first of two games in three nights at home.

The Bruins have won the last 11 games against the Coyotes, including a 6-2 rout on Oct. 14. Captain Zdeno Chara with a goal and two assists in that game that evened Boston's record at 2-2-0 and dropped the Coyotes to 0-4-1.

Arizona (7-18-5) has been without No. 1 goalie Antti Raanta for the past six games with a lower body injury. Raanta, however, was medically cleared before the team left home.

"He's starting to feel better," coach Rick Tocchet said after Tuesday's practice. "We finally had a good practice with him because he hasn't really had a practice with the team yet. We'll get another one tomorrow, and then we'll see for Thursday."

Scott Wedgewood played all six games with Raanta out and the Coyotes sent Marek Langhamer back to the minors earlier this week.

The Bruins' goaltending picture cleared some when Tuukka Rask won his second straight in the first contest of the two-game trip at Philadelphia. Anton Khudobin's four-game winning streak ended with a shaky loss at Nashville, with Rask summoned from the bullpen to clean up the mess.

"We left (Khudobin) out to dry completely. He didn't really have a chance on any of those," Torey Krug said after Khudobin and the Bruins fell behind 4-0 in Nashville before rallying in the 5-3 setback. "Tuukks came in and slammed the door shut and gave us a shot of energy, good job by him."

Like his team, Rask doesn't lose to the Coyotes. He has nine straight wins since that game in Prague and has a 1.60 goals-against average and .941 save percentage against that team. Raanta is 1-0-0 in two outings against the Bruins.

The Coyotes, who have been off since Sunday, practiced at Boston University Wednesday -- a homecoming for rookie Clayton Keller, who was the Terriers' leading scorer in his one season there last year.

"It's going to be really cool for me to practice there with the Coyotes," Keller said Monday. "I'm sure a couple of those BU guys will watch the practice. Last year, me and my teammates watched a couple of NHL teams practice there. It's something the guys there get fired up for.
"That was an amazing year of hockey for me. We had a real good team and it was a lot of fun. It was definitely a year I'll never forget. It was truly awesome."

The Bruins' injury picture took another slight turn Wednesday when Ryan Spooner missed practice with what was apparently a recurrence of a groin injury that forced him out of the lineup earlier in the season.
But rookie Jake DeBrusk, who had been scoring before missing the last three games with an undisclosed injury, was close to returning.

"I feel good ... better than yesterday," he said Wednesday. "I'm progressing and getting close to action. You never want to get injured, and especially not when pucks are going in and you're producing. When I get back I just want to try and do the same thing. It's frustrating because you want to be in the action and keep playing when you're hot, but that's how it went."

In numbers just released by the league, the Coyotes, at an average age of 25 years, 27 days, are the youngest team in the league. Arizona players 22 years old or younger have scored 39 goals, the most of any team for players that age.

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-7_3-27-55.png
    upload_2017-12-7_3-27-55.png
    563.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Comfort Eagle

Feb 28, 2008
Southeastern,MA
Brining my 11 year old son to this game. We went to see the 'Yotes last eseason as well. They're his favorite team(next to the Bruins of course), but I'm not sure why. He is dissappointed in Mike Smith being traded. Got 2 tix from a friend as an early Christmas present/Birthday present for myself. Last year my son got a puck during warm ups from Radin Vrbata. He was excited about that. Hope we get a better game than last season where the Yotes didn't seem to show up.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Please B's do not underestimate these guys even if their record is brutal. I recently saw them absolutely outplay a good/great team like NJ to the tune of 5-0.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This being Pearl Harbor Day I remember a story my Dad told often.

He want to the Boston Olympics game on the afternoon of December 7, 1941. The Olympics were an amateur team owned by Walter Brown and was a major source of income for the Garden. Basketball wasn't an option then and the NFL had failed in Boston so on a Sunday afternoon the Olympics were the only game in town.

During the game my Dad remembered they stopped play and asked everybody to stand for a moment of silence and they announced Pearl Harbor had been attacked and then John Kiley played the national anthem. Someone then turned to my Dad and asked 'Where the hell is Pearl Harbor?'.

Life was about to change for that generation and I think they all knew it.

Boston Olympics - Wikipedia

When the Olympics started to struggle at the gate Brown went all in with another team in a sport most thought Bostonians would ignore. That team was the Boston Celtics.

upload_2017-12-7_4-35-31.png

Last edited:

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
This being Pearl Harbor Day I remember a story my Dad told often.

He want to the Boston Olympics game on the afternoon of December 7, 1941. The Olympics were an amateur owned by Walter Brown and was a major source of income for the Garden. Basketball wasn't an option then and the NFL had failed in Boston so on a Sunday afternoon the Olympics were the only game in town.

During the game my Dad remembered they stopped play and asked everybody to stand for a moment of silence and they announced Pearl Harbor had been attacked and then John Kiley played the national anthem. Someone then turned to my Dad and asked 'Where the hell is Pearl Harbor?'.

Life was about to change for that generation and I think they all knew it.

Boston Olympics - Wikipedia

When the Olympics started to struggle at the gate Brown went all in with another team in a sport most thought Bostonians would ignore. That team was the Boston Celtics.

View attachment 86821

Great post! I think every generation has that "moment". For the millennials it was 9/11. Obviously it does not compare to the devastation WW2 caused, but I will never forget the moment I found out.

Anyways, go Bruins! Expecting a big win today.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Great GDT !

My daughter is home for a week (for work) so she will be at the next few games. I have today and tomorrow off from work. I want to enjoy it because it is an ugly end of the QTR / year at work and between now and Dec 31st I will have to work more hours than I want to. :(

I want a win with no injuries !

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Reactions: sooshii

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Wooooooooooooo!!!! :vhappy:

@BMC I know this will break your heart but we only have one more 10 PM start all season and that is a Saturday night in Vancouver - and we only have one other start that is 9 PM or later in Edmonton.

For some reason the game with Calgary on President's Day is an afternoon game. It appears to be Alberta Family Day.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad