GDT: 12/5/13 "Last Decade's Panthers" - Jets VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Tonight's scapegoat brought to you by party city.

Gilbert. Kuba 2.0

More like BIRON. yes I said THAT NAME.
Guds-Olsen is a fun pairing.

Guds best pairing guy ever quite possibly. Surprising, but they are clicking.

Definitely needs to work on his skating...but at least it looks like he has some better hands/finishing abilities than guys like skille and dvorak.

Are you saying Skille and Dvo were not good skaters? I thought Skille was a very good skater for this size but lacked finish and creativity. I thought the lack of skillset Dvo had made him work his tail off skating, on the forecheck and with the cycle game along with a decent level of finish to his game.

Some people here may have a different opinion than me and not many non-Panthers fans watch our games, but I think Goldie and Billy are one of the best broadcast duos in the league. Despite a few pet peeves I have, they actually are quite knowledgeable and always try their best to entertain the audience even when it's a blowout. See the blowout in Winnipeg last season where they had a five minute discussion on slurpees. Epic stuff :laugh:

I've heard pretty well every broadcast team over the years multiple times on CI/Canadian TV. I believe our crew is in the top tier -8th or better. Lindsay has been getting better... I do agree with others Potvin was strong when here, but his overall analysis has seemed to drop off a bit with the Senators (age maybe??).

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Are you saying Skille and Dvo were not good skaters? I thought Skille was a very good skater for this size but lacked finish and creativity. I thought the lack of skillset Dvo had made him work his tail off skating, on the forecheck and with the cycle game along with a decent level of finish to his game.

I think he was saying Skille and Dvo could skate well but Hayes has better hands.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Ya, Trouba is a beast and is wise beyond his years. I got to see your Panthers play live last Saturday and on TV vs the Jets and am impressed with them. I really like Hubs, Bjugstad, Hayes and Barkov and Guds looks to be getting better every year. Your young guys are progressing well and hopefully Shore and Howden can find full time spots next year along with Markstrom. I am following Howden's progress and hope your team can find its way and be a playoff team soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad