mip5weX.png

e7tHU5n.png

DQY29L7.png

Reactions: Sk8M8

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Going to miss this one. 3 AM start and a New Year, not a good combo.

Anyway, happy New Year to everyone.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
If we win we officially are unbeaten in regulation for all of December.

Can feel somewhat of a slump on the horizon, haven't been playing amazing lately and we have a big cushion in the standings.

Reactions: Hockey4Life91

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Well It's either going to be a trap game because of long travel, Or a revenge game.

I'm feeling a bit of a trap game...

Bluegrass Bolts Fan

Dec 29, 2018
Kentucky
If we win we officially are unbeaten in regulation for all of December.

Can feel somewhat of a slump on the horizon, haven't been playing amazing lately and we have a big cushion in the standings.
With the way the defense has been playing as of late, I feel the same way. I hope I'm wrong, but how long can they continue to outscore teams scoring 4 and 5 goals a game?

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
With the way the defense has been playing as of late, I feel the same way. I hope I'm wrong, but how long can they continue to outscore teams scoring 4 and 5 goals a game?

Think part of the problem is Mac having a few off games. When he's on, he's been the best defenseman on the ice. McDonagh/Cernak has been very good for so many games and I don't think it's Cernak playing much differently. He's been very solid for such a young rookie and learning more each shift. Mac has been so awesome for us, he's earned the occasional stinker. Don't think his little 'slump' will last very long. Hopefully!

Girardi definitely does seem to have some problems away from Hedman. In the game vs the Habs, Engblom kept saying how much more active offensively as well as defensively Hedman was looking the last few games, more like his old self. Funny how that seemed to improve when he got paired back up with Strålman. ;) Heddy doesn't have to worry as much about activating on offense with Strålman covering his back. Stråls has been playing well too considering how long he was injured - 1G, 1A last game with 9 points in his last 10 games.

With regards to the Coburn/Girardi pairing...just play Hedman/Strålman 25 minutes, McDonagh/Cernak 25 minutes and let Coby/G have the last 10. :P

Plus, team defense involves the forwards too. They have to do their part defensively as well. Fortunately, during the last period the boys looked much better defensively while still out shooting the Habs.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
While looking at the Anaheim board I saw Jake Dotchin (over Sustr) was waived Friday and cleared.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad