GDT: 12/31 • Slovakia 3, Finland 2 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
What a move by Tomas Tatar. Richard Panik is the Slovak player of the game. The Slovak kids are all right. OH YES.

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Congrats to Slovakia! You earned this win. I hope you can put up a good fight in the quarter finals! :handclap:

For Finland this tourney was a failure. I didn't expect much, but I did expect they'd make the quarter finals. Well, next year our good guys are a year older and I think we are better then.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Thanks to Finns for being good sports. I wish Slovakia could have eliminated someone else. When was the last time Finland played in relegation?

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Thanks to Finns for being good sports. I wish Slovakia could have eliminated someone else. When was the last time Finland played in relegation?

I think the commentators on finnish TV just said that last and only time before this was year 2000.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
I loved the Tatar goal celebration, that was so over the top and soccer style. :) Bezak had a simple hand wave after his shootout goal.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
I hope the team will put up a good performance against the United States. Nothing to lose, just go out there and have fun. Janus is capable of stealing a game.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I loved the Tatar goal celebration, that was so over the top and soccer style. :) Bezak had a simple hand wave after his shootout goal.

Well,Tatar celebrates his every goal even back here in the league a lot, but yeah it was also different in the fact what a beauty his goal was, btw he also had an assist on Panik´s goal according to iihf, so I guess that makes him the most productive Slovak again??......But overly a great effort by the boys, they finally played 100% from the beginning and I think the most important thing was that they really believed that they can win.....and when we were talking about the celebrations, the team celebration after the shootout was awesome....it almost looks like some of them can actually sing better than play hockey:laugh:

But I gotta say that the Player of the game award has been weird. I mean Janus totally should have gotten it in the game against Sweden. And I think Adam Bezak would deserve it this game, I mean he scored in regular time, in the shootout and was doing a great job in forechecking on the PK (well forget the stupid penalty).

Ok, so now we can only surprise against USA and while our win is not likely at all, every game starts 0:0 and maybe if Janus has the game of his life and the defencemen will actually play, it could be a competitive game. Though the 5th place game againts the Czechs is more likely and I think we could win that one since czechs haven´t looked all that good and our boys still owe them the deafeat in the pre-tournament game.

Also i gotta say that Janus has been the best player ofour team and he deserves a big :handclap:

And in the end good luck for Finland, but i don´t think that you have to worry, with your young players good years await you in the next few years. Granlund is gonna be a hell of a player.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Well,Tatar celebrates his every goal even back here in the league a lot, but yeah it was also different in the fact what a beauty his goal was, btw he also had an assist on Panik´s goal according to iihf, so I guess that makes him the most productive Slovak again??......But overly a great effort by the boys, they finally played 100% from the beginning and I think the most important thing was that they really believed that they can win.....and when we were talking about the celebrations, the team celebration after the shootout was awesome....it almost looks like some of them can actually sing better than play hockey:laugh:

But I gotta say that the Player of the game award has been weird. I mean Janus totally should have gotten it in the game against Sweden. And I think Adam Bezak would deserve it this game, I mean he scored in regular time, in the shootout and was doing a great job in forechecking on the PK (well forget the stupid penalty).

Ok, so now we can only surprise against USA and while our win is not likely at all, every game starts 0:0 and maybe if Janus has the game of his life and the defencemen will actually play, it could be a competitive game. Though the 5th place game againts the Czechs is more likely and I think we could win that one since czechs haven´t looked all that good and our boys still owe them the deafeat in the pre-tournament game.

Also i gotta say that Janus has been the best player ofour team and he deserves a big :handclap:

And in the end good luck for Finland, but i don´t think that you have to worry, with your young players good years await you in the next few years. Granlund is gonna be a hell of a player.

Czechs haven't looked all that good? Can you explain why? you probably want to say Slovaks are lokking better ... :shakehead

team Cze:
2 players in TOP 10 scoring leaders (Jan Káňa 6+2 and Ondřej Roman 3+4), Káňa is also 2nd in goal scoring table with 6 goals

Kundrátek on the 5th place among defensemen with 0+6

Furch has better stats than Janus ...

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Czechs haven't looked all that good? Can you explain why? you probably want to say Slovaks are lokking better ... :shakehead

team Cze:
2 players in TOP 10 scoring leaders (Jan Káňa 6+2 and Ondřej Roman 3+4), Káňa is also 2nd in goal scoring table with 6 goals

Well, they really haven't looked all that good. Not saying Slovakia has though. Tournaments like these show how far behind junior hockey programs are in Slovakia and Czech rep. when compared with the northern american/scandinavian ones.

Anyway good game Finland, I wish we could have eliminated some other team, I always liked the suomi hockey team.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

team Cze:

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. i defintely didn´t want to say that our team looks better than the Czechs. But I think I´m right when I say that the Czechs are a lot more close to the level of Slovakia and Finland than the Top 4 (Canada, USA, Sweden and Russia) and i wanted to say that it is possible for our team to win a game against the Czechs. but anyway, good luck to the Czechs in your game with Russia, just hope that they´ll play sloppy again and not as good as they did against us. Maybe it even won´t come to the Czech republic- Slovakia game for the 5th place. Every game begins 0:0, so does the one between CZE-RUS and SVK-USA.

And about your comment on Kana, Roman and Kundratek, it might and might not help you, i mean Panik was top 3 in the U18 WC last year and we still played in the relegation round.

And that comment about Janus´ and Furch´s stats you can´t be serious, Janus save % and his numbers are lieying as much as the shots in the SVK-FiN game were, he has hold as in games and always makes the stops when needed and puts up a few awesome saves. If you look at his numbers in Erie, they don´t look that good, especially from last season, but that doesn´t mean that he doesn´t win games for them. And most importantly the players he has infront of him on our team, I think only Stajnoch so far actually shows that he is a defencmen, i dunno what the others are trying. I think it´s too bad they didn´t take Matus Rais to this tournament, he is defintely better than some of the D-men on the team.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
team Cze:

It is wrong to compare statistics straight on as Slovakia didn't have an opportunity to play Kazakhstan (perhaps the worst team this tournament has seen in years).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad