GDT: 12/3/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Defensemen TOI is verrrry interesting! They are really spreading out the minutes with the 22+ avg. min. Strålman out.

Hedman 23:34 (2:21 PP)
Sergachev 19:29 (0:52 PP)
Cernak 18:49
Coburn 18:46
McDonagh 18:44 (2 PIM)
Girardi 17:40

Good idea with B2B games.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Defensemen TOI is verrrry interesting! They are really spreading out the minutes with the 22+ avg. min. Strålman out.

think Devils' offense has something to do with this, too? Hardly any lines gave us any challenges.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Almost feel sympathy for them.
Agree. Don't like to see teams that can't compete, especially one that appeared to be on the upswing last year. Goalie situation really bad and that's a killer when you can't score with any kind of consistency. However, the Lightning were as good as the Devils were bad tonight.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
think Devils' offense has something to do with this, too? Hardly any lines gave us any challenges.

Possibly. Unlike what Paul Kennedy was saying, Hedman and whomever was his partner did face Hall more than McDonagh/Cernak this game. At least as much as one can with no last change on the road. Palmeri also was a bit of a threat, but everyone else was manageable. Good chance to give Cernak more minutes of experience.

Edited to correct who was claiming Cernak was always facing Hall. ;)

Last edited:

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Possibly. Unlike what Peckam was saying, Hedman and whomever was his partner did face Hall more than McDonagh/Cernak this game. At least as much as one can with no last change on the road. Palmeri also was a bit of a threat, but everyone else was manageable. Good chance to give Cernak more minutes of experience.
They were also sayig they hadn't seen Hall for 7 min. They were somewhat deprived of everything tonight.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Note of caution though, if you look back at our schedule over the past month we've beaten a lot of mediocre teams. We'll know more soon as 4 of the next 6 are against BOS, COL, TOR, WPG. We need to get Ws against the big boys and not just beat up on the little kids.

Yeah, yeah, I know, Vasy's out. Still, got to find a way against quality opponents.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Note of caution though, if you look back at our schedule over the past month we've beaten a lot of mediocre teams. We'll know more soon as 4 of the next 6 are against BOS, COL, TOR, WPG. We need to get Ws against the big boys and not just beat up on the little kids.

Yeah, yeah, I know, Vasy's out. Still, got to find a way against quality opponents.
Even while winning - I no longer give a shit about the regular season. I don't care if we lose all 4 of those games as long as we win the ones in April and May.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Even while winning - I no longer give a **** about the regular season. I don't care if we lose all 4 of those games as long as we win the ones in April and May.
I sort of see where you're coming from - the regular season has lost some of it's meaning and we would all really like the playoffs to start tomorrow, or at least as soon as Vasy gets back - but somehow I don't think your posts will reflect a lack of caring if we do in fact lose all four of them.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I sort of see where you're coming from - the regular season has lost some of it's meaning and we would all really like the playoffs to start tomorrow, or at least as soon as Vasy gets back - but somehow I don't think your posts will reflect a lack of caring if we do in fact lose all four of them.
I'll bitch because that's what I do, but the regular season is a glorified preseason for us now.

Islanders didn't win the President's Trophy every year of their dynasty. Oilers only won it one year of their dynasty.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
I'll ***** because that's what I do, but the regular season is a glorified preseason for us now.

Islanders didn't win the President's Trophy every year of their dynasty. Oilers only won it one year of their dynasty.
I don't really care that much where we end up in the standings either as long as we make the playoffs, but aren't you just a bit curious to see us matched up against a fully loaded and healthy Toronto now that Matthews is back and Nylander is signed? I know I am, regular season or not.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Hedman got the extra time on the PP. Other than that we were resting vets, letting Cernak and Serg play a little more.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Anyway. My favorite comment on the night.

TlOpwlo.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad