GDT: 12/29/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Philadelphia vs Tampa Bay

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
PK sucked, forecheck sucked, shooting sucked, turnovers sucked, defending sucked, coaching sucked.

Coop was very amusing. He started off very Tortorella-esq. At first I thought he was gonna leave it at "we just sucked, that is all there is to say, that's all..." and then storm out.

Last edited:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Is it sad when we know when Budaj is in net we are going to give up minimum 4 goals? Whether it is the fault of the guys in front or whatever...Budaj isn't good for the team this year. Blame anyone. The team including Budaj plays sub par when he's in net.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I was working last night but I listened to the entire game. Sounds like the officiating sucked. Still need to kill the penalties though, and our PK is becoming a liability. We've given up 2+ PP goals like 3 or 4 times in something like our last 7 games? Not good. Giving up 2PP goals is basically a death knell.

Feel for Budaj. Injury looked bad.

Kucherov has got to stop with the cross ice passes. Teams are keying in on it now because he refuses to take the open ice and shoot the puck. He has looked pretty pedestrian for about 15 games now. Racking up the points somehow, but looking painfully average doing it.

Also, Dotchin sucks. He's been really bad for several games now and last night sounds like more of the same. He gets beat so easily. His footspeed sucks. He doesn't hit or play any sort of physical hockey. Really don't know what he brings besides "didn't play as bad as Sustr last year".

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Kucherov didn't look painfully average last night. He made some bad passes at the end of the game, but he was dangerous.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
His passes that do connect though like the one to Palat on Point's goal - best in the league possibly.
He got one to connect with Stamkos, he got one through to Palat on that Point goal like you said, and he hit Hedman with one that Elliott had to make a good save on, all in the same game.

It's not going to work everytime, but it was working well last night, until the empty net. All these instances were through traffic. On the PPs, it's not like Kucherov wasn't shooting either. I can think of a few instances from last night.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He got one to connect with Stamkos, he got one through to Palat on that Point goal like you said, and he hit Hedman with one that Elliott had to make a good save on, all in the same game.

It's not going to work everytime, but it was working well last night, until the empty net. All these instances were through traffic. On the PPs, it's not like Kucherov wasn't shooting either. I can think of a few instances from last night.

Yeah people's memories are too fixated towards the end of the game where he kinda drifts off and starts passing too much, Kuch was dangerous in the first and same with the MTL game.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Was a sloppy game, we do missed Cally and Strålman on the PK. Budaj seems to make a least one crucial mistake per game..oh well, upards and onwards

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I think it's people fixating too much on the 1 that works and not the 50 that don't. Really tiring to watch one of the best pure shooters in the world try to force the same seam pass over and over again on the PP. Goes for both Kucherov and Stamkos.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I think it's people fixating too much on the 1 that works and not the 50 that don't. Really tiring to watch one of the best pure shooters in the world try to force the same seam pass over and over again on the PP. Goes for both Kucherov and Stamkos.

I think that is why we see a lot more shots from Hedman and tries near the circle. Teams are fixating on Kucherov and Stamkos

....we could use someone dangerous on the point who's going to get shots through

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad