GDT: 12/29/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Philadelphia vs Tampa Bay

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Kucherov can be so annoying when he gets too cute. There's one minute left and you're down by a goal... Just get the puck to the net.
I would have liked to see Points line out there with the empty net than the Stamkos Kucherov one. You just know that at some point the Point line would crash the net hard.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
tzweelz said:
Which PhilFlyr is going to light us up tonight? Claude hat-trick? Ghost-Bear 3+ assists? Nope... Voracheck 4 point night, yup, that's it. At least we mostly know it won't be Filp scoring any goals on us:)

Yup... yeah, yeah, what I meant to say was that he won't score on our goalie, empty netters are another matter. (kinda like Cally, he won't be scoring on any goalies, but empty netters... )

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Shots 38-27 Flyers,

Utter domination

FOs 35-27

Typical

Dominated, just one game but make no mistake. That was domination

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
We were due for a bad one. Add in missing Stral and having Peter in net and it was a prime opportunity for anyone we played. Philly made the best of their chances.

... I mean Blame Gong!!!

I do expect a much different game on Sunday.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
tzweelz said:
Which PhilFlyr is going to light us up tonight? Claude hat-trick? Ghost-Bear 3+ assists? Nope... Voracheck 4 point night, yup, that's it. At least we mostly know it won't be Filp scoring any goals on us:)

Yup... yeah, yeah, what I meant to say was that he won't score on our goalie, empty netters are another matter. (kinda like Cally, he won't be scoring on any goalies, but empty netters... )
Did he though?

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
It was a pretty even game barring about a 10 minute stretch. If it wasn't for soft goals by the defense and a couple from Budaj Budaj'ing, we would've sealed this one.

Had no business losing to them but we did. That's their first win after the Christmas break on the road in 2-3 years. They were 0-10-2. Alas, we have them their first of course.

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
The sky is falling the sky is falling. Its one game.

If I had to choose between Sergachev trying to get a shot through traffic vs girardi with a better look at the net, i'm taking Sergachev 100% of the time. I like Girardi but not for his offensive....ability.

Kucherov needs to be banished to the 2nd unit in favor of Point. Maybe we can get Sergachev to feed Kucherov one-timers and we'll stop getting the predictable cross ice pass that everyone knows is coming
Sergy has so much talent but if your waiting for a pass across it's not happening, I have noticed this the last few games he has no intention to pass off from point only shoot for his goals, Someone should tell him get will get a point for an assist also!!

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Stamkos almost never shoots off the rush anymore. I don't know if it's his footspeed after all those injuries or he's just overthinking it but he used to rip those wristers past any goalie off the wing rushes.

Reactions: Master P

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We've put up with some terrible regular seasons for the past few years but now some posters act like "only" winning 4 of 5 is unacceptable :laugh:

I don't see many if any complaining about the loss, we lost - no biggie.

The complaint about the stupid PP/cross-ice passes is legitimate, they're frustrating as hell. Or Hedman playing with Stamkos in their 9th year together and still can't make the one pass he needs.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Stamkos almost never shoots off the rush anymore. I don't know if it's his footspeed after all those injuries or he's just overthinking it but he used to rip those wristers past any goalie off the wing rushes.
I think its because he feels that if he can get the team set up in the zone then they have a better chance of getting a better scoring opportunity. But I do wish he would just take some shots from the rush more.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
killorn was bad. wtf was he doing on the first goal, had plenty of time to get in the passing lane.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Well he was playing for Arizona so that might have something to do with it, but at this point anything is better than Budaj. Hope he's not seriously hurt.

Budaj has a pretty good ES save %. Was .915 prior to this game and this game didn't drop it much. It's his PK save % that's bad. He's given up 14 ES goals but 11 SH. Not sure how many backups will look much better with our PK in front of them.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Budaj has a pretty good ES save %. Was .915 prior to this game and this game didn't drop it much. It's his PK save % that's bad. He's given up 14 ES goals but 11 SH. Not sure how many backups will look much better with our PK in front of them.

Hose's Heroes:
Brian Lee
Brett Connolly
Anders Lindback
Andrej Sustr

And recently acquired Petr Budaj.

Your team of misfits is shaping up nicely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad