GDT: 12/21/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Ottawa vs Tampa Bay

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Lightning were generally dominate tonight and deserved then two points. Some thoughts....

Stammer doesn’t seem quite right, but the top line was totally dominant.

Bad luck on the own goal

Hedman and Stralman are as good as any top pair in the nhl.

I’m not sold on Dotchin in the top 4.

Vassy is not as ridiculously good right now. At least the last two.

Good to see the third line perform tonight

It’s VERY clear the fourth line misses Cally. They don’t buzz anymore and I honestly can’t wait for them to get off the ice. Need a call up to help out IMO.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Awesome night to be at Amalie tonight. This game was so sick to watch live. We totally outplayed them for about 50 minutes of the game. The own goal was a fluke, that happens sometimes and I'm glad to see it not come back to haunt us. Two points are good.

One note, though. Dotchin is not handling his time well right now. He was a trainwreck out there tonight. Might be time to move him around the line-up. Coburn was also a mess as well.

But the second and third lines are just awesome to watch. They are fun out there, and seem to just be playing their all constantly.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Outshot them by a good margin. Bad luck on the own goal but otherwise a good performance. Kuch was all over the place (in a good way) in OT.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
If a bunch of guys are truly getting over the flu, time change and travel etc, it's understandable that we looked a little off at times. Thankfully since we played so well up to this point in the season and built a point lead, missing out on a ROW isn't the end of the world.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
We now have a 9 point lead over the Leafs with 2 games in hand. Insane.

By contrast that is a bigger gap than 1st and last in the Metro. Not sure which is the more impressive stat.

And "beating up on our weak division" is not even a valid excuse as we have yet to play the majority of our divisional games. I think we have played maybe 7 out of the 28 vs division so far.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Who are you?
Khqabps.gif

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Thought we played well and deserved the win, was unlucky with the first goal but then seemed to control it from after that. My only concern was the 4th line tonight looked to have struggled. Think we may see Erne getting a call up very soon if things don't change. Oh how it feels good to be ahead of the leafs and still have games on them, wouldn't be hearing the end of it if they was top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad