GDT: 12/19/23 - 7:00PM EDT - St. Louis vs Tampa Bay

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Serge gets injured and misses the plus/minus gravy train while Fleury cashes in (+4!).

Somehow we won 6-1 while finishing with 16 giveaways to their 3. I think that Vasy Sucks guy had something to do with it.

Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I like Paul on the top line because it allows us to use Hagel with Stamkos. Look, the Blues are terrible, so this one doesnt prove anything, but these line combos are the first in a while that could give us a second scoring line.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I like Paul on the top line because it allows us to use Hagel with Stamkos. Look, the Blues are terrible, so this one doesnt prove anything, but these line combos are the first in a while that could give us a second scoring line.

Hagel's chemistry with Cirelli last night I thought was pretty good too

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hagel's chemistry with Cirelli last night I thought was pretty good too
I think Hagel was just good in general. But he has enough playmaking ability to work with Stamkos. It would really help to have a 2and line that could put pressure on. Hard to say what happens vs. better competition

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I think Hagel was just good in general. But he has enough playmaking ability to work with Stamkos. It would really help to have a 2and line that could put pressure on. Hard to say what happens vs. better competition

Right, I thought St.Louis was a good test to see if we are actually that bad, with Vegas next it should be a good test to see if maybe we are headed for a turnaround.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Whatever keeps Stamkos off that first line because it doesn't work nearly as well as one would believe and it spreads the wealth around.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Right, I thought St.Louis was a good test to see if we are actually that bad, with Vegas next it should be a good test to see if maybe we are headed for a turnaround.
On the not so bright side, it probably means that effort isnt the issue, when you consider we tend to beat up on bad teams. And then we catch good teams sleeping in the 1st, only to have them turn it on us and stamp us out.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
On the not so bright side, it probably means that effort isnt the issue, when you consider we tend to beat up on bad teams. And then we catch good teams sleeping in the 1st, only to have them turn it on us and stamp us out.

It's weird how many people you see posting about a lack of effort when we are losing. What has killed this team so far this year has been mental mistakes(new defensive system), our defensemen, and our goalie.

I will take the glass if half full side to this. Mental mistakes can be fixed, our inexperienced D are getting better, and now we have Vasy back shaking off the rust. We have room for growth.

I also really, really liked the way we looked on our half of the ice last night without De Haan out there.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
We made plenty of mental mistakes against St Louis as well, with 16 turnovers to their three, but Vasy was able to cover up for them this time.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's weird how many people you see posting about a lack of effort when we are losing. What has killed this team so far this year has been mental mistakes(new defensive system), our defensemen, and our goalie.

I will take the glass if half full side to this. Mental mistakes can be fixed, our inexperienced D are getting better, and now we have Vasy back shaking off the rust. We have room for growth.

I also really, really liked the way we looked on our half of the ice last night without De Haan out there.
I need to see Vasy deal with those distance shots before I have faith. I dont doubt his ability to make highlight reel saves. But seeing him react late on Matt Carle specials is still really, really troubling.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I need to see Vasy deal with those distance shots before I have faith. I dont doubt his ability to make highlight reel saves. But seeing him react late on Matt Carle specials is still really, really troubling.

Point shots or not he just needs to be consistent, had the game of the year against Edmonton and then blew a stinker right after that against Calgary.

The team is definitely making mental mistakes but if they get some reliability in net their confidence will skyrocket, hard to play aggressive when you think every mistake is going to end up in the back or the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00