GDT: 12/17/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Love what I'm seeing, keep 'em coming!

I actually had high hopes Bagel would do well, so happy to see him thrive! We really needed guys to step up with Palat leaving and with both Bagel and Paul doing so, it's looking good in that department!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Love what I'm seeing, keep 'em coming!

I actually had high hopes Bagel would do well, so happy to see him thrive! We really needed guys to step up with Palat leaving and with both Bagel and Paul doing so, it's looking good in that department!
Yeah, our top-6 is rounding out perfectly with these two. Hagel fits the quick decision-making of 86 and 21 and Paul is the big center presence allowing 91 to fly under the radar and for 17 to dig out pucks with Paul for Stammer.

Reactions: Maelmoor

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
How anyone could miss anything about Drouin is beyond my comprehension. Talented in a flashy but ineffective way, not to mention being a whiny, petulant cancer. Getting rid of him, Sergachev or no Sergachev, was one of the very necessary things that had to happen if this team was ever going to get to where it has ultimately gotten to.
He's not the same player who left here, to be fair. Significantly slower, less dynamic. He looks like the 40 year old version of the kid we had.

That said, you have to think the SFY regime knew all the mental/emotional red flags would eventually manifest into physical regression.

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
He's not the same player who left here, to be fair. Significantly slower, less dynamic. He looks like the 40 year old version of the kid we had.

That said, you have to think the SFY regime knew all the mental/emotional red flags would eventually manifest into physical regression.
The trade was genius.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah, our top-6 is rounding out perfectly with these two. Hagel fits the quick decision-making of 86 and 21 and Paul is the big center presence allowing 91 to fly under the radar and for 17 to dig out pucks with Paul for Stammer.
I still think id rather Killorn be a 3rd liner, problem is we're missing a top 6 forward without Palat. Cirelli and Stamkos together haven't quite worked, plus Cirelli is our shutdown expert and we don't need to put Stamkos in that type of role

Killorn just doesn't have it anymore. Top 6 forwards aren't always easy to come by, and with what little trade bait we have for the deadline, Killorn is the only option

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I still think id rather Killorn be a 3rd liner, problem is we're missing a top 6 forward without Palat. Cirelli and Stamkos together haven't quite worked, plus Cirelli is our shutdown expert and we don't need to put Stamkos in that type of role

Killorn just doesn't have it anymore. Top 6 forwards aren't always easy to come by, and with what little trade bait we have for the deadline, Killorn is the only option
I dont understand how Killorn doesnt have it anymore when he's literally outscoring the guys we deem to "have it," while also having a better two way game.

I mean, I love the idea of killer and Cirelli as a 3rd line, but that's mostly to take advantage of killer's two way game a little more. If anything he's getting better. Definitely faster.

Reactions: Hoek

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I dont understand how Killorn doesnt have it anymore when he's literally outscoring the guys we deem to "have it," while also having a better two way game.

I mean, I love the idea of killer and Cirelli as a 3rd line, but that's mostly to take advantage of killer's two way game a little more. If anything he's getting better. Definitely faster.
Yeah, he’s had an awful playoff run last season but 22 points through 30 games is actually better than what we should be expecting from him at this point.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, he’s had an awful playoff run last season but 22 points through 30 games is actually better than what we should be expecting from him at this point.
It's literally as good as he's ever been. It's not like he was a 70 point guy.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Killorn is maddening to watch since he’s not fleet of foot, nor fast in decision making or hands, and the dumb oaf takes the laziest penalties without using his size to intimidate opponents. But he seems to forest gump his way into 40-50 point seasons regularly and is not a defensive liability. We cannot replace him with anyone better, and reasonably have a better chance at a cup with him than without him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad