Recalled/Assigned: 12-16: Sabres Recall D Brendan Guhle from Rochester; Reassigned on 12-22

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Pilut got beat so many times in the defensive zone in the games he played it's pathetic. I saw some crazy stat on him where it listed him at 5' 11" and 180 pounds somewhere. More like 5' 6" and a buck and a half. That kid is going to get busted in half trying to play defense in todays NHL.

But this thread is about Guhle, he has played admirally in the games he has played. He has made a few mistakes obviously, but over all he looks like he belongs here. He joined the rush when appropriate, yet still fullfilled his defensive responsibilities. He has made his case for sticking with the big club until at least all these injuries are behind us, even then I think he is better than Nelson.

Trading him would be crazy.
if you swap Pilut with Guhle in this post it mostly makes sense

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Pilut got beat so many times in the defensive zone in the games he played it's pathetic. I saw some crazy stat on him where it listed him at 5' 11" and 180 pounds somewhere. More like 5' 6" and a buck and a half. That kid is going to get busted in half trying to play defense in todays NHL.

But this thread is about Guhle, he has played admirally in the games he has played. He has made a few mistakes obviously, but over all he looks like he belongs here. He joined the rush when appropriate, yet still fullfilled his defensive responsibilities. He has made his case for sticking with the big club until at least all these injuries are behind us, even then I think he is better than Nelson.

Trading him would be crazy.

Post of the year

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's still got time, but the expectations due to the harder sell by PHam over the last few off-seasons probably are skewed. Let him cook, let him get the reps and improve his stick detail and positioning.

Reactions: joshjull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad