GDT: 12/16/23 - 10:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Calgary

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
What about the defensive play the rest of the season?
This team is built around having an all world goalie who can mask a lot of defensive deficiencies. That is the way it has always been even during our Cup runs. As I said, Blashill is no genius, but in this game tonight our goalie cost us a chance to win, plain and simple.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
This team is built around having an all world goalie who can mask a lot of defensive deficiencies. That is the way it has always been even during our Cup runs. As I said, Blashill is no genius, but in this game tonight our goalie cost us a chance to win, plain and simple.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
This team is built around having an all world goalie who can mask a lot of defensive deficiencies. That is the way it has always been even during out cup runs. As I said, Blashill is no genius, but in this game tonight our goalie cost us a chance to win, plain and simple.
Vassy would have had to given up only 1 goal or gotten a shutout.

The entire team needs to be better, this isn't just a goalie issue.

CdIrTZY.png

Reactions: Byrddog

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Vassy would have had to given up only 1 goal or gotten a shutout.

The entire team needs to be better, this isn't just a goalie issue.

CdIrTZY.png
Reported for spreading misinformation.

Misinformation hurts lives and the morales of hockey fans worldwide. If you or a loved one have suffered from the spreading of coaching termination misinformation, please contact moderators immediately.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The team as a whole need to be much better that's for sure.

It's tough to watch them these days.

Reactions: Night Shift

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
50 games left, and probabaly needing ~100 points to make playoffs means they need approximately 67 out of a possible 100 remaining points. There's very little room for anymore of this garbage play. Another 10-15 games like this and playoffs are very doubtful.

Reactions: Night Shift

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
50 games left, and probabaly needing ~100 points to make playoffs means they need approximately 67 out of a possible 100 remaining points. There's very little room for anymore of this garbage play. Another 10-15 games like this and playoffs are very doubtful.

They need to get off on a hot streak at some point. Usually it's better to have it at the end of the year going into the playoffs but they will definitely take it until the last day.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Embarassing.
We should probably pull the plug on the season and start some kind of retooling, both on the roster and on the coaching staff (Blashill begone)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You think it’s injury or the far point shots exposed him like last year ?

Seems like consistency is his biggest issue but tracking pucks from the point seems to be his biggest weakness for over a year now.

Also defense is our biggest issue and what did we do? Trade our best value defenseman :laugh:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Seems like consistency is his biggest issue but tracking pucks from the point seems to be his biggest weakness for over a year now.

Also defense is our biggest issue and what did we do? Trade our best value defenseman :laugh:
Bogosian provided stability with the backend even if he was struggling at times. It wasn't worse than this with him in. I still don't understand that. That and how we kept Myers. I'm sure Brisebois has his reasons and all that but it's wild from a fan standpoint when you look at what's happening on ice.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011

Hard disagree. During our Cup runs we had a well rounded team. We could roll 4 lines, had one of the best shutdown lines in hockey, and had 2 (if not 3) solid as hell D pairings. Just because we also had/have elite top end scoring talent doesn’t mean we were built to not play defense. That’s not to say Vasy wasn’t capable of single-handedly taking over/stealing games. But the team in front of him also limited a lot of the chances by keeping a lot of the shots to the outside, blocking many more, and executing the trap amazingly well with a lead. All of that has since been gutted.

I’m not saying that Vasy is at all his former self. Maybe teams have learned his weaknesses over the years and are exposing him. But I think the team in front of him is just a shell of its former self too.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Bogosian provided stability with the backend even if he was struggling at times. It wasn't worse than this with him in. I still don't understand that. That and how we kept Myers. I'm sure Brisebois has his reasons and all that but it's wild from a fan standpoint when you look at what's happening on ice.

And you could partner him with either any of our LHD and be fine, running Raddysh or Myers with Hedman and Serg? lol and then either of them with De Hann is just laughable.

Bogo being a stud for Minny is an understatement, his ES numbers are stupid good (yes it's a small sample size but it just rubs salt into the wound given how bad we are on d right now).

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Vasy letting in the softies again. There has to be something wrong with his eyesight or something because he loses so many pucks that come from the point and he used to be really good at tracking the puck.

We have no business giving up these points against bad teams this year but maybe it's time to start counting us into those bad teams. Treading water isn't enough at this point. We need a big winning streak and we need it pretty soon.

Reactions: Hoek

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
JJ was tracking point shots relatively easily not sure why that's so hard for Vasy lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad