GDT: 12/16/17 - 9:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Colorado

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Do you mean their fans in attendance specifically? The ones on here seem alright (I read through their gdt of our last game (*between the Bolts and Avs) and they were at least respectful and even impressed). The fans in attendance I was annoyed by (this game) because they seemed to be looking for penalty calls when nothing happened.
I only mean a select few that were on the main GDT.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It never fails. Every night is a bad night for Budaj somehow, some way. Not all of the goals were his fault but I think Coop needs to stop making a point to play him against his former teams

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'm watching the Colorado feed highlights...

The way this guy calls opposing goals is the funniest thing in the universe.

He shoots!
score

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Budaj needs games tho. We can't run Vasi into the ground like we've done with Bishop in the past.

A fair point but Budaj needs to play better. If he cannot come off the bench after extended time off then we need to go a different way. It can be done no matter how hard it can for a goaltender to be mentally ready for such a challenge. John Grahame proved how important a backup can be in our Cup year when he went 18-9-1 and had a GAA of 2.06. His save percentage wasn't dazzling (.913) but he got the job done. If we make the playoffs I have zero faith Budaj can win us a game in Vasilevskiy's stead. We'd be looking at Lindback all over again.

Like I said not all the goals were his fault but it's been half a dozen games of unwelcome adventure and both the Lightning need to work on playing better in front of him no differently than Budaj needs to work on playing better as well

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
On the plus side I have Barrie in my fantasy league and he got me big points along with Kuch and Heddy last night. So i'm glad they scored those 5 goals!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
On the plus side I have Barrie in my fantasy league and he got me big points along with Kuch and Heddy last night. So i'm glad they scored those 5 goals!

You fantasy bro? Book it now that you make sure to draft Dahlin and Vancouver's Elias Petterson if he makes the jump to the NHL. Kid's a stud man

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
You fantasy bro? Book it now that you make sure to draft Dahlin and Vancouver's Elias Petterson if he makes the jump to the NHL. Kid's a stud man
Hell yeah I fantasy. I picked up Point in the last round of the draft and picked up Barrie after he went undrafted. Picked Kuch 4th overall and havent looked back since!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hell yeah I fantasy. I picked up Point in the last round of the draft and picked up Barrie after he went undrafted. Picked Kuch 4th overall and havent looked back since!

That's awesome dude. Last year was the year of Patrik Laine. Lady Sunny had me do her fantasy draft with her and we waited and waited until I think the 9th round and I said "Alright pick this guy up before someone who has some kind of idea about this kid does it first" needless to say I couldn't believe it when he was still there. I thought it was obvious he was going to score at least 30 goals but I guess her competition wasn't paying attention.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
That's awesome dude. Last year was the year of Patrik Laine. Lady Sunny had me do her fantasy draft with her and we waited and waited until I think the 9th round and I said "Alright pick this guy up before someone who has some kind of idea about this kid does it first" needless to say I couldn't believe it when he was still there. I thought it was obvious he was going to score at least 30 goals but I guess her competition wasn't paying attention.

I didn't want too many Tampa players on my team because I wanted to spread it around but I couldn't pass up Stamkos in the 5th round. I guess people thought he wasn't going to play well coming off an injury, I took the chance and its paid off.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
25398842_10156047770125929_6715081585676896981_n.jpg

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
It never fails. Every night is a bad night for Budaj somehow, some way. Not all of the goals were his fault but I think Coop needs to stop making a point to play him against his former teams

Budaj had his 2 best games of the season against his former teams.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Disclaimer: Not apologizing for Budaj. He needed to be better.

That being said, is altitude an issue when we play in Denver? Had me thinking, because the entire team kind of went to s*** in the third. Obviously the refs played a part, as did our huge lead, and backing off, but Colorado just looked sharper. It was night and day. I bring this up because I thought the team as a whole, but Budaj in particular, looked pretty solid through the first half of the game, only to kind of melt towards the end. Food for thought, I suppose.

Irrespective of any conditioning stuff, I do like that we had to fight back to save that win. We don't really get tested like that a whole lot these days, and it's good for the team's psyche. Video game numbers are great during the regular season, but we'll need a ton of heart and tenacity in the spring.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I had planned a trip to Denver without realizing this game was happening while I was there. The arena was really quiet for a lot of the 1st period and more than a few "Let's Go Lightning" chants were started from somewhere in the lower bowl. As the third period was winding down, a drunk Colorado fan started dropping F-bombs from the bar on the 100 level that has a view of the ice. His gf/wife started out trying to calm him down before they both starting cussing out one of the girls checking tickets for entry to the sections below. He started yelling, "Yeah, I voted for TRUMP!" and proceeded to tell a couple of guys older than him that millenials are all useless before getting kicked out.

Fun times.

Reactions: JoVel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad