WGR: 12-14 - ESPN's Greg Wyshynski Talks Sabres on WGR

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
12-14: ESPN's Greg Wyshynski with Bulldog & Sal on WGR (23:11)

Get your #Sabres & hockey fix now with @wyshynski who joins Bulldog & Sal!

Wyshynski - If you're looking at who might be the next Blackhawks, tank a little, get it going, become a great team, Buffalo is at the top of the list. #Sabres

Wyshynski - I would argue Buffalo has always been a critical market for the NHL. When the ratings come in, Buffalo is always at the top of the list even when the #Sabres are horrible.

Wyshynski - Not always about the size of the city. The party that occurred in Nashville & Winnipeg in the playoffs became the star of the show.

Wyshynski - They're top heavy! Two guys in double digits with goals & they play together. They're further proving that you only really need one great line. Colorado did the same thing last year. #Sabres

Wyshynski - One thing I definitely got wrong is I thought Mittelstadt could be what Matt Barzal was for the Isles last year. But, bright future. What it takes to challenge for Cups is two great centers. #Sabres

Wyshynski - The math checks out. The #Sabres would have to go into a pretty decent skid or someone would have to get super super hot for them to miss.

Wyshynski - All It Takes Is One Good Line to Power the Rest of Your Roster
ESPN's Greg Wyshynski Joined Bulldog and Sal on Friday to Talk More on the Resurgent Sabres

Jeff%20Skinner.jpg

The Buffalo Sabres have become one of the NHL's more pleasant surprises this season with 42 points and a 19-9-4 record. Center Jack Eichel is tenth in the league with 39 points, while winger Jeff Skinner is second in the league in goals with 22 on the year.

ESPN's Greg Wyshynski joined Bulldog and Sal to talk more about the rejuvenated Sabres, their potential for long-term success, the Buffalo market's importance to the NHL and much more around the league.

Here are some quotes from Wyshynski with Bulldog and Sal on Friday afternoon:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Wysh, Lambert and the rest of the hacks from puck dummies can take their nice comments and take them somewhere else. Last 6 years Wysh and Lambert have bashed the Sabres and the actual city.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad