12/13 season

NYR Lunchbox

Jul 23, 2007
New Jersey
does anyone know when the 12/13 season schedule is announced? i plan on being in cologne germany in late november and would like to see a sharks game while in the country for the 1st time. any help i appreciate

modano

Mar 29, 2010
The last official statement was that they plan to release the schedule in early July. Last year the schedule was released on July 11.

strobbel

May 9, 2006
www.rosenheim-fans.de
does anyone know when the 12/13 season schedule is announced? i plan on being in cologne germany in late november and would like to see a sharks game while in the country for the 1st time. any help i appreciate

Today the DEL has announced that the schedule will be released at July 16th. Have fun in Germany :)

Schalkenullvier*

servus tv will also broadcast one game a week on sundays, today it's berlin-mannheim

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Wow. Great start of Adler Mannheim by defeating the two biggest competitors for the title outscoring them 8-2 in the first weekend.

Kölner Haie also with 5 out of 6 points. :handclap:

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
So, with the lockout on its way, which NHL'ers have already signed with a DEL team? I heard Seidenberg wanted to wait a bit but is interested in playing for Mannheim. Also, Paul Statsny is rumoured to join the Ice Tigers.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
So, with the lockout on its way, which NHL'ers have already signed with a DEL team? I heard Seidenberg wanted to wait a bit but is interested in playing for Mannheim. Also, Paul Statsny is rumoured to join the Ice Tigers.

Well Seidenberg, Hecht and another German NHL player (I think it was Goc) are rumoured to join Mannheim.

Jason Spezza, Mark Olver, Jason Garrison and Logan Couture are rumoured to sign with Berlin. But none of it is confirmed.

So far I haven't heard anything about Ehrhoff, Greiss, Sturm or Sulzer.

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
Well Seidenberg, Hecht and another German NHL player (I think it was Goc) are rumoured to join Mannheim.

Jason Spezza, Mark Olver, Jason Garrison and Logan Couture are rumoured to sign with Berlin. But none of it is confirmed.

So far I haven't heard anything about Ehrhoff, Greiss, Sturm or Sulzer.

I read an article about Ehrhoff joining Krefeld, but I can't seem to find it any more. That's where I got the rumour about Seids going to Mannheim as well.

Edit: Found another one from the same page, stating the same
http://www.arcor.de/content/sport/t...ransfer-Coup+Ehrhoff+kehrt+in+DEL+zurück.html

Last edited:

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I read an article about Ehrhoff joining Krefeld, but I can't seem to find it any more. That's where I got the rumour about Seids going to Mannheim as well.

Edit: Found another one from the same page, stating the same
http://www.arcor.de/content/sport/t...ransfer-Coup+Ehrhoff+kehrt+in+DEL+zurück.html

Thanks, I have also found an article about Ehrhoff.
In that article they also confirmed Mannheim's interest in Seidenberg, Goc and Hecht.

Apparently Sturm will not leave North America for personal reasons, and Holzer will of course stay to play for the Marlies in the AHL.

Sulzer might be joining Düsseldorf if they can afford to pay his insurance.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Not many rumors yet about some NHLers coming over. Any reason why? I haven't really heard of many at all just the typical ones with the typical guys coming home.

First of all the KHL, Eliteserien, SM-Liiga und NLA all provide better competition and better salaries, for North American players who want to come over and most Euros will play in their home countries.
Also most DEL teams do not have many import slots left on their rosters, and they don't have the money to pay these players decent salaries. Most would struggle to even afford the insurance costs.

The only big names I have heard floating around lately are Paul Stastny who has been linked to Nürnberg because of his brother Yan. And Berlin is supposedly interested in Steven Stamkos. To be honest I don't believe that for a second. It would be kind of cool though.

Also linked to Berlin were Mark Olver and Jay Harrison.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Most teams also have a lot of trouble with funding star-players. They don't really get much of a salary, but insurance is pretty ridiculous. Apparently Ehrhoff costs something like 50,000 per month, which is a lot for a team like Krefeld that is in financial trouble pretty much every summer.

According to his agent, Crosby would cost something like 400k per month in insurance costs. Taking exchange-rate into account, that should be something like 1/20th of Mannheim's yearly player budget, for just one month!
And Mannheim is the richest team, for the average to weak teams it's more like 1/10 or worse.

I really wonder how they did it the last time. Were insurance costs that much lower?

Apparently the Freezers would think about signing an NHL-player if Murphy will miss a lot of time with his bad concussion. They already got the approval from AEG, but Richer said he would more likely go after someone with just 2-3 years of NHL-experience.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I'm sure I saw a guy in this section with an EV Duisburg avatar. If you're reading this could you please give me updates on Joey Lewis, I used to play U18's with him

I can't give you any inside information or even tell you how he has played so far.
The only thing I can tell you is that he scored 2 goals and had 1 assist in the first two regular season games.

Game 1 they played at Ratingen:

0-1 (29:21) Fabio Pfohl (Dennis Fischbuch, Nico Opree) 5-5
0-2 (43:29) Nico Opree (Fabio Pfohl, Jari Neugebauer) 5-5
0-3 (44:09) Manuel Strodel (Daniel Schmölz, Philip Riefers) 5-5
0-4 (45:45) Denis Fominych (Markus Schmidt, Philip Riefers) 5-5
0-5 (46:10) Dennis Fischbuch (Michael Hrstka, Jari Neugebauer) 5-5
0-6 (56:17) Joseph Lewis (Oliver Mebus, Eric Stephan) 5-5
0-7 (57:26) Nico Opree (Dennis Palka, Stephan Fröhlich) 5-5

Game 2 they played at home against Krefeld:

1-0 (03:40) Dennis Fischbuch (Benjamin Hanke, Denis Fominych) 5-5
2-0 (14:10) Joel Keussen (Oliver Mebus, Marius Schmidt) 5-5
3-0 (18:23) Manuel Strodel (Daniel Schmölz, Joel Keussen) 5-5
4-0 (26:06) Manuel Strodel (Joel Keussen, Daniel Schmölz) 5-5
5-0 (30:04) Joseph Lewis (Markus Schmidt, Daniel Schmölz) 5-3
6-0 (33:44) Dennis Palka (Joseph Lewis, Mats Schöbel) 5-5

I hope this was somewhat useful for you.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I can't give you any inside information or even tell you how he has played so far.
The only thing I can tell you is that he scored 2 goals and had 1 assist in the first two regular season games.

Game 1 they played at Ratingen:

0-1 (29:21) Fabio Pfohl (Dennis Fischbuch, Nico Opree) 5-5
0-2 (43:29) Nico Opree (Fabio Pfohl, Jari Neugebauer) 5-5
0-3 (44:09) Manuel Strodel (Daniel Schmölz, Philip Riefers) 5-5
0-4 (45:45) Denis Fominych (Markus Schmidt, Philip Riefers) 5-5
0-5 (46:10) Dennis Fischbuch (Michael Hrstka, Jari Neugebauer) 5-5
0-6 (56:17) Joseph Lewis (Oliver Mebus, Eric Stephan) 5-5
0-7 (57:26) Nico Opree (Dennis Palka, Stephan Fröhlich) 5-5

Game 2 they played at home against Krefeld:

1-0 (03:40) Dennis Fischbuch (Benjamin Hanke, Denis Fominych) 5-5
2-0 (14:10) Joel Keussen (Oliver Mebus, Marius Schmidt) 5-5
3-0 (18:23) Manuel Strodel (Daniel Schmölz, Joel Keussen) 5-5
4-0 (26:06) Manuel Strodel (Joel Keussen, Daniel Schmölz) 5-5
5-0 (30:04) Joseph Lewis (Markus Schmidt, Daniel Schmölz) 5-3
6-0 (33:44) Dennis Palka (Joseph Lewis, Mats Schöbel) 5-5

I hope this was somewhat useful for you.

Thanks, Elite Prospects haven't put up any stats yet and I knew he had played at least 1 game because he had a picture on facebook, so this was useful.

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark

:yo:

I want to live in Hamburg right now.

I wish I'd live closer to Hamburg as well. Considering going to Friday's game vs. Mannheim, despite the 2½-3 hour drive again. Even though I'm cheering for Hamburg, I'd be happy to see a Bruin in action for the opponent :)

Last edited:

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Next week (Friday), my Kölner Haie will visit Berlin, and I was already expected to make the trip for our online radio feet. So, I'm kind of split. On the one hand, and foremost, I want my Haie to keep racking up the points, and build on their amazing start to the season. Then again, I really wouldn't mind getting a fast look at Giroux and Briere, which would obviously hurt our chances a ton.

In Benn and Giroux, two of my favourite players have already entered the league, and while my club is looking amazing of its own (and for the first time in a long time), I can't help but be quite jealous. I hope we can bring in a top-caliber player of our own, at some point. Until then, we'll have to see how far Minard-Falk-Robinson (which might be the league's best line early on) can keep carrying us. It's been a fun season already, and in any way, names like Giroux or Benn are not going to hurt that for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->