GDT: 12/13'|Around the league talk | Non-Leaf games |Part III|Perry Re-signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
i can't believe ottawa keeps winning with their injured roster. if they had all their players back, can't even imagine how much better they would be (this season). kinda made me feel even sad about our leafs :(

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
They traded their one superstar for players.

Solid future in that city IMO with proper managment.

3 first round picks in a deep draft, most likely 2 being top 15, other being 15-30.

should be able to get at least 2 very good players to fill out the lineup.

A very young team going forward.

AlbertaLeafFan31

Feb 5, 2013
Looking at the standings in both conferences I think the NHL has to seriously look at changing points for winning and losing games. The loser points in shoot outs and overtime should be gone. Award the teams who win in regulation and overtime. It's a team game not a skills completion. The leafs would have more of a Cushin for the playoffs. It's getting to be to much awarding teams that lose

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Looking at the standings in both conferences I think the NHL has to seriously look at changing points for winning and losing games. The loser points in shoot outs and overtime should be gone. Award the teams who win in regulation and overtime. It's a team game not a skills completion. The leafs would have more of a Cushin for the playoffs. It's getting to be to much awarding teams that lose

It was bound to be a close season, the schedule is so condensed, so many back to backs.

I didn't expect the same teams to be dominating like normal, a team gets hot this year and it can take a huge chunk out of other, better on paper teams(I.E CBJ is doing very well.)

I dont mind the overtime point, keeps the playoff runs close and exciting down the end stretch.

thornton22

Mar 13, 2013
Boston
Little help would be nice though :).

Lol..the Bruins play tight as **** against us and then **** it up against Jets, Habs, Carolina etc..

As a Bruins fan first, I have to agree, wtf? I'd rather see the Bruins lose to the Leafs than the Habs or some other useless teams. I want the Leafs to make the playoffs, Habs on the other hand, I'd love to see them in 9th seed each season, 1 point off from 8th :laugh:

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Something that has been bothering me since the Perry signing(little OT) but... Does anyone think there is even a little chance of a sign and then offseason trade that could emit? I know I know, call me crazy. I just realistically don't see how the ducks can afford all that. I'm not taking into account Bobby Ryan going anywhere either. Man, would they ever be strapped for cash to even make the littlest of moves.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Something that has been bothering me since the Perry signing(little OT) but... Does anyone think there is even a little chance of a sign and then offseason trade that could emit? I know I know, call me crazy. I just realistically don't see how the ducks can afford all that. I'm not taking into account Bobby Ryan going anywhere either. Man, would they ever be strapped for cash to even make the littlest of moves.

His NMC started the day he signed his new contract. Not happening bro.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
His NMC started the day he signed his new contract. Not happening bro.

Perry was a pipe dream anyways. Knowing the luck of our team, he would sign a cap friendly deal with the Habs had he reached UFA.

Second best option was seeing him re-sign with the Ducks.

We never get that kind of luck...look at B. Richards (he sucks now) but he wanted to play for Torts. Perry thought about going home but he ultimately signed in Anaheim.

I don't blame him TBH. There would be far too much pressure on him if he under performed on a 9M contract with the Leafs/Habs etc.

Penalty Kill Icing*

^ When Perry said home, it could easily have been Ottawa or childhood team Habs. Glad that he re-signed with Ducks, my second team.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
^ When Perry said home, it could easily have been Ottawa or childhood team Habs. Glad that he re-signed with Ducks, my second team.

Peterborough is like an hour ride from Toronto.

Montreal is 5 hours. Ottawa is like 4.

Home definitely means Leafs.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Peterborough is like an hour ride from Toronto.

Montreal is 5 hours. Ottawa is like 4.

Home definitely means Leafs.

I could be wrong but Sens fans claimed that he spent off-season near Ottawa, something like that. Better read Sens board for that.

Jacob8hockey*

I could be wrong but Sens fans claimed that he spent off-season near Ottawa, something like that. Better read Sens board for that.

Spends his offseason in London actually.

London is like 2 hrs from Toronto, coming home meant Toronto and it was clear in his interview that it was. Sucks for us though

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
As a Bruins fan first, I have to agree, wtf? I'd rather see the Bruins lose to the Leafs than the Habs or some other useless teams. I want the Leafs to make the playoffs, Habs on the other hand, I'd love to see them in 9th seed each season, 1 point off from 8th :laugh:

Because you know the Bruins can beat the Leafs, but those pesky Habs have been known to upset the Bruins in the past. Lets face it the Habs give the Bruins fits and it's already happened this year.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
what is the shutdown line on the canadiens senators or bruins
is it really that important ?
When you watch the habs play they forecheck non-stop. Don't need a Grabovski shutdown line when you spend most of the time in the other team's end. Something the Leafs do not do.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
i suppose it would work if we had good shutdown players
i'm all for a 3rd line kid energy line otherwise
like mtl's galchenyuk-gallagher line
ie: d'amigo-colborne-ashton

boychuk on waivers - tsn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.