GDT: 12/13/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Seattle vs Tampa Bay

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Package Names and Fleury/Foote for another forward and we can get even better. Lines look good right now, we could use an upgrade in the bottom 6 but until then I think you need to break up Perry-Bellemare-Maroon, it's just too slow and ineffective. Colton-Cirelli are working out pretty well, Point and Kucherov shouldn't be seperated.

Hagel-Point-Kucherov
Killorn-Paul-Stamkos
Colton-Cirelli-Maroon
Perry-Bellemare-Namesnitkov

Hedman-Cernak
Sergachev-Perbix
Cole-Bogosian

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoek

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Package Names and Fleury/Foote for another forward and we can get even better. Lines look good right now, we could use an upgrade in the bottom 6 but until then I think you need to break up Perry-Bellemare-Maroon, it's just too slow and ineffective. Colton-Cirelli are working out pretty well, Point and Kucherov shouldn't be seperated.

Hagel-Point-Kucherov
Killorn-Paul-Stamkos
Colton-Cirelli-Maroon
Perry-Bellemare-Namesnitkov

Hedman-Cernak
Sergachev-Perbix
Cole-Bogosian
These are what we had last night up front, except 11 forwards. Maroon has shown some spark on the 3rd line. It's one of those things where you can't be too sure how long it will hold up.

I also have a feeling that, come playoff time, we will want Cirelli on a shutdown line. So maybe we make a move for, like, whoever a young version of Darren Helm is right now. Someone who can keep up and play a solid defensive game while Cirelli does the majority of the heavy lifting. Can't see us being comfortable with Maroon, and maybe even Colton, up against Matthews and Bergeron and whoever else.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
These are what we had last night up front, except 11 forwards. Maroon has shown some spark on the 3rd line. It's one of those things where you can't be too sure how long it will hold up.

I also have a feeling that, come playoff time, we will want Cirelli on a shutdown line. So maybe we make a move for, like, whoever a young version of Darren Helm is right now. Someone who can keep up and play a solid defensive game while Cirelli does the majority of the heavy lifting. Can't see us being comfortable with Maroon, and maybe even Colton, up against Matthews and Bergeron and whoever else.

I mean Cirelli didn't do much against Matthews either, we got torched by Marner and Matthews and they were by far the most dangerous forwards on either team that series. But we also played Kucherov and Point on separate lines. You don't really need a "shutdown line" when you can just have 3-4 effective ones, if all of your lines can go out there and do their thing then you don't need to worry about defense only. The last couple times we beat Boston it was just a straight up Point line vs Bergeron line.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I mean Cirelli didn't do much against Matthews either, we got torched by Marner and Matthews and they were by far the most dangerous forwards on either team that series. But we also played Kucherov and Point on separate lines. You don't really need a "shutdown line" when you can just have 3-4 effective ones, last couple times we beat Boston it was just a straight up Point line vs Bergeron line.
I don't think that's true. We got torched by Matthews and Marner in the first game, when they dominated the Kucherov line. After that we contained them pretty well, mostly thanks to Point and Cirelli together. Matthews only had a couple of goals in the last 5 or 6 games of the series, if memory serves, and Marner was clamped down enough that a lot of Leaf fans wanted to trade him.

And the last couple of times we beat Boston, it was Point, yes, but it was Point on a shutdown line. The first time it was Palat and Johnson, and the second time, if I remember correctly, it was Palat and Killorn. I might be wrong on that one though.

Against Toronto, we got eaten alive in the first game, and in Game 2 Cooper put Point and Cirelli together and matched them as best he could against Matthews on the road. Once we got back to TB and got our match-ups, the Matthews line was just another line because Point and Cirelli more/less contained them.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
After watching this team with and without Cirelli I will say he is a beast on both ends and if we go up against a dream line or whatever MSNBC used to call it, Cirelli will match up against them.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Hated missing the game last night, especially catching the highlights and seeing Point's beautiful goal. Stammer's was quite nice too. Let's close out this homestand strong tomorrow night against the CBJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00