GDT: 12/1/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Florida

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I do think there is a slight bit more intensity to his game when he is feeling it. He looks SO disinterested when he is off. When he is on, he definitely turns everything up a gear. It’s not as noticeable as some players, but I definitely see some difference.

I honestly don't think he does. I think it's just his passes hit skates a lot more when he's off. When he's on, they go through guys' legs and Point scores a winner.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Agree on that. He makes it so much tougher on teams in their end. He's like a light version of Gourde but with the same motor. He's a great two way center.
Cirelli is different than Gourde (in every way except pissing off other teams). I think he plays a more classic defensive game, while Gourde has that "this is a fourth line energy guy but somehow he scores 60 points"-vibe.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Exactly. I just don't think it's quite fair to talk about his effort. Whether he's turning the puck over constantly or scoring 2+ ppg, he always kind of looks like he's bored and gliding. That's just his style. What looks like a lack of effort is often more about his timing being off. When it's on, he's one of the three or four most dangerous scorers in the league. Hell, when he's ON, he might be THE most dangerous scorer in the league, if you only counted those games. It's just he's OFF a fair bit too, which drops him to 3rd or 4th.

Yes it's partly his style but I do think he's lost some motivation on the defensive side of things now that he's secured his role in the lineup, rookie/sophomore Kucherov was hounding guys with pucks and on the backcheck, lots of times of now he looks like he's just saving energy for a rush. His two-way game has dropped considerably, his dangerous offense still ouweights his defense/turnovers but just weird to point out 3 years ago he was noted as "very responsible" winger from the fanbase, I definitely wouldn't say the same now.

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad