GDT: #12 - 02/12/2013 | New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins | 7:30 PM - MSG, NBC SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

bannergdt2.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2013 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #12 - 2/12/2013

@
(6-5-0) ____________ (8-1-1)

TIME | 7:30 PM ET ARENA | TD GARDEN - BOSTON, MA TV | MSG, NBCSN, NESN

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - MyP2P - STREAMO | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; BOS@NYR 1/23/13 - NHL.com - Rangers.com - Bruins.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN.com - TSN.ca

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

FEBRUARY SCHEDULE:

februaryschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

I don’t like to use the word measuring stick.
But it's a top opponent in this conference and somebody that we’re going to have to beat if we want to get to where we want to go.
- Ryan Callahan

The lines change here all the time, it might change again in a heartbeat.
I’m back on the right wing. I’m more comfortable on the right side.
- Marian Gaborik

I think he’s added a little offense to us. He’s taking up a lot of ice. That’s when you know Marc is playing well, is that he’s in the way.
He’s added a little bit of physical presence to his game. He’s played pretty steady for us.
- John Tortorella

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="BOSTON BRUINS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 10 | GF | 29
W | 8 | GA | 21
L | 1 | GF/G | 2.70
OTL | 1 | GA/G | 2.10
Pts | 17 | PIM/G | 17.8
HOME | 4-1-0 | PP% | 10.3
AWAY | 4-0-1 | PK% | 92.9
STREAK | W3 | FO% | 58.2

Division | 1st
Conference | 2nd
League | 3rd

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Brad Marchand | 6 Assists | David Krejci | 7 Points | David Krejci | 10 + / - | Krejci, Seguin | +7 Shots | Patrice Bergeron | 36 Hits | Milan Lucic | 39 Blocks | Johnny Boychuk | 21 PIM | Milan Lucic | 28 FO% | Rich Peverley | 67.8 TOI/G F: | David Krejci | 19:55 TOI/G D: | Zdeno Chara | 25:22

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Milan Lucic | David Krejci | Tyler Seguin
Brad Marchand | Patrice Bergeron (A) | Nathan Horton
Chris Bourque | Chris Kelly | Rich Peverley
Daniel Paille | Greg Campbell | Shawn Thornton

LD | RD
Zdeno Chara (C) | Johnny Boychuk
Dennis Seidenberg | Dougie Hamilton
Andrew Ference (A) | Adam McQuaid

Scratched
Lane MacDermid|
Aaron Johnson|

STARTING GOALIE:

4958.gif

Tuukka Rask

GPI: 8 | W: 6 | L: 1 | OT: 1
SV% .922 | GAA: 1.97 | SO: 1 | Pts: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Jordan Caron | Upper body (IR)
Marc Savard | PCS (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 11 | GF | 29
W | 6 | GA | 27
L | 5 | GF/G | 2.64
OTL | 0 | GA/G | 2.46
Pts | 12 | PIM/G | 14.2
HOME | 5-2-0 | PP% | 10.0
AWAY | 1-3-0 | PK% | 81.2
STREAK | W2 | FO% | 49.8

Division | 3rd
Conference | 8th
League | 19th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Marian Gaborik| 6 Assists | Brad Richards | 7 Points | Gaborik, Richards | 9 + / - | Rick Nash | +8 Shots | Rick Nash | 44 Hits | Ryan Callahan | 36 Blocks | Ryan McDonagh | 23 PIM | Stu Bickel | 26 FO% | Brian Boyle | 53.0 TOI/G F: | Rick Nash | 21:00 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 24:36

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Taylor Pyatt | Brad Richards (A) | Marian Gaborik
Carl Hagelin | Derek Stepan | Rick Nash
Chris Kreider | J.T. Miller | Ryan Callahan (C)
Darroll Powe | Jeff Halpern | Arron Asham

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi
Marc Staal (A) | Anton Stralman
Michael Del Zotto | Matt Gilroy

Scratched
Brian Boyle|
Stu Bickel|
Steve Eminger|

STARTING GOALIE:

2585.gif

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 10 | W: 5 | L: 5 | OT: 0
SV% .911 | GAA: 2.44 | SO: 0 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Mike Sauer | Concussion (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

banner2ic.png

Heads Up: The GDT is work in progress.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
LGR! I think Hagelin and Pyatt need to switch lines, but otherwise I like them.

Hoping for a win against the Bruins, would really help the Rangers get back to their winning ways.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
We played meh, and beat the Bruins last time.

A crushing defeat to the B's will herald our return. Big win. If we get it, we have 2 TERRIBLY slumping teams after, 5 straight isn't out of the question.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009

Hoping for a win against the Bruins, would really help the Rangers get back to their winning ways.

Abso****inglutely not. Hagelin is producing where he is and Pyatt has looked great where he is. Every line is producing like this, so keep it the same until things get stale.

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
Man a win here would feel great, but winning in boston is gonna be tough...Things keep improving though...Hanks gotta play.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

I disagree. Hagelin has been playing his best hockey thus far. And he fits well with Rick Nash. Hagelin can retrieve pucks very well, which we already know, and so it opens up the ice for Nash a little bit more. Plus I think Pyatt does a similar job playing on Gaborik's line. Pyatt does all the board work for Richards and Gaborik, then can stand in front of the net to screen goalies while a sniper like gaborik picks his spot. And I wouldn't call Gaborik's goal a snipe the other night but you did have Pyatt parked in front of the net for the goal.

The lines complement each other well.

Anyways...we win this game and the next 3 are at home against who have been subpar teams thus far this season (NYI, WSH, MTL). I normally never look ahead but you can just see a streak lining up for this team to really take off if they can take tonight's game.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland

That 2nd line worked real good last game with 3 goals at even strength, but adding Hagelins speed to the top line might be an better solution in the longer term to spread out the wealth. Nash creates so much on his own too. Will be interesting to follow, but hagelin seems on fire as of late, might as well try to catch that flame

LGR!!

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Tough game against a very strong team. Win this and it's a statement.
I'd be happy if the effort continues. 3-2 SO Boston. Marchand, Seguin (deciding Penalty), Ference; Gaborik, Stepan

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Please win.

If we do, 7-3 in our last 10. They've looked good the past few games, they need to turn on the offensive jets like they did against the Lightning, although that'll be much more difficult against a stingy team like the Bruins. I think this will be a squeaker, 3-2 for either team. Whoever plays better defensively, and whoever gets the clutch goaltending will easily take this.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Abso****inglutely not. Hagelin is producing where he is and Pyatt has looked great where he is. Every line is producing like this, so keep it the same until things get stale.

Lol yea don't touch a thing now. On paper for me switch cally b pyatt but that's paper

NickyMaz

Dec 19, 2011
Omaha, NE
This is a huge game, the B's are no joke this year but they're not unbeatable (we've already beat them once!).

No reason we can't win tonight. We obviously need Hank to be Hank, the defense needs to play smart, can't take stupid penalties.

Let's Go Rangers!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers played in Boston on the same day last season. It was the day after the Beanpot final which BC won. The Rangers played one of their best games of the season. They won 3-0. John Giannone interviewed Chris Kreider between the 1st and 2nd period. Almost everyone freaked out at the answers Kreider gave about the Rangers and leaving BC. MSG replayed the game a few days before this season started.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
One thing that worries me. I put very little stock in the first game because the Bruins returned their whole squad while we had a lot of turnover. However, in the back of mind it worries me how they shut us down in the first game when our first two lines looked a lot closer to the first two lines now than they did when we stacked them. Surprisingly in the second that first line played really well against the one team in the league I would think it would struggle against. However, that's probably because they were new and teams didn't know what to do against them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad