Value of: 11th overall pick

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Not to derail the tyhread, but if Poluck is willing to waive for Ottawa - I'd imagine they'd be quite interested.

OTT 1st (7th)
BOS 1st (~26th)
Opstapckuk (39th in 2021) or Jarventie (33rd in 2020)

--- for ---

Poluck
NYI 1st (18th)
Pageau (50% retained)

Tweaks can be made here and there if needed of course.
I'll fax over the paperwork, sir!

Reactions: KevinRedkey

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
11th overall isn’t THAT valuable. You’re lucky to get a full time NHLer at that point
There is a huge difference between those 2 pick location.

Its s high chance thf person picked at 11th has a long nhl career surr some might not be superstars. Picking Kate 20s/early 30s there is s greater than 50% chance they dontbecome much if a player at all or anything above replacement value

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I don't think we're interested in the pick (unless we have plans to package it with assets for a current NHL player who meets a need), but you can solve your 3C hole long-term with one perfectly-serviceable Jesperi Kotkaniemi for...like...a 6th or 7th? ...as long as there is no cap dump in return and absolutely no salary retention.

Too expensive? How about future considerations?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don't think we're interested in the pick (unless we have plans to package it with assets for a current NHL player who meets a need), but you can solve your 3C hole long-term with one perfectly-serviceable Jesperi Kotkaniemi for...like...a 6th or 7th? ...as long as there is no cap dump in return and absolutely no salary retention.

Too expensive? How about future considerations?

Hard no. That’s your cap problem to deal with.

Vivaldi

May 18, 2024
From the Capitals, Connor McMichael, Beck Malenstyn and Colorado 2nd for 11OA. Checks 2 of your boxes for 3C and and physical bottom 6 winger, and McMichael has room to grow into a top 6C. Both players are young and would be long term additions.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
If Vegas want a change, with Eichel and Hertl already there, William Karlsson might be an interesting name. Thompson and Couzens are both right-handed Cs so a vet left-handed C who kills penalties could help.

Vegas and Buffalo had a decent enough relationship with the Eichel trade so could help too.

SamHabsFan

Apr 6, 2016
Quebec
Hard no. That’s your cap problem to deal with.
wow..thats crazy how a 3rd overall, who was trending pretty good after his 1st season, we even had a hard time choosing between him and suzuki on who will be the future 1st c, and now he's a cap dump...he should never have signed that offersheet, he would have had plenty of ice time with danault leaving.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
If Vegas want a change, with Eichel and Hertl already there, William Karlsson might be an interesting name. Thompson and Couzens are both right-handed Cs so a vet left-handed C who kills penalties could help.

Vegas and Buffalo had a decent enough relationship with the Eichel trade so could help too.
11th (+) for William Karlsson is exactly what I want to do with 11, but it'll take some convincing on Karlsson to waive to Buffalo, which is probably unlikely.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
11th (+) for William Karlsson is exactly what I want to do with 11, but it'll take some convincing on Karlsson to waive to Buffalo, which is probably unlikely.

With a few Scandinavians there, along with the fact it is only a M-NTC may mean he'd be OK going to Buffalo

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
wow..thats crazy how a 3rd overall, who was trending pretty good after his 1st season, we even had a hard time choosing between him and suzuki on who will be the future 1st c, and now he's a cap dump...he should never have signed that offersheet, he would have had plenty of ice time with danault leaving.
He probably still would have sucked. I think he cashed in way above what he would have with Carolina doubling down on their mistake. Good for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad