11pm Fan590 update: Talks over, but WILL pickup Tommorow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
no13matssundin said:
Howard Berger just announced it.

This is good news

Still waiting for TEAM 1140, Eklund, and the National Enquirer to confirm...

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
Devilsfanatic said:
It's on TSN.

Sportsnet: It may be a case of too little, too late as reports are surfacing that the league is ready to scuttle the season in the next few days.

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
deathbear said:
isn't that relatively old news?

Sure, but my point was these websites are barely better than Eklund.

Saskin released a statement though, so even they can't mess this one up.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
i don't believe they'd be meeting this intensely if there was no hope for something of a season. they NEED to have something this year to remain relevant in many markets.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
After a loooooong meeting today, would they bother meeting tommorow if there wasn't a deal on the table? This seems like a 'let's sleep on it' kind of thing. I mean if they came out with a deal at 12 ET it would be weird and wouldn't get any press. You have to come out with that news during the day, maybe that's what they are waiting until tommorow for?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
nyr7andcounting said:
After a loooooong meeting today, would they bother meeting tommorow if there wasn't a deal on the table? This seems like a 'let's sleep on it' kind of thing. I mean if they came out with a deal at 12 ET it would be weird and wouldn't get any press. You have to come out with that news during the day, maybe that's what they are waiting until tommorow for?

I want to be optimistic and I am.. but

If they let the season slip by without trying real hard, would every hardcore fans ever forget that ?

NewBreed19

nyr7andcounting said:
I hope a deal is on the table and I hope that they announce it tommorow, but it could also go the other way and be a cancellation! My guess is that there will be a season:due to the impending doom if the league were to cancell. The NHL&NHLPA knows that the NHL would never recover , if it cancelled. The league doesn't have the strength to over come such a fate. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad