Prospect Info: #115OA - Hurricanes select LW Zion Nybeck (HV71 - SHL)

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
He was demoted to the U-20 team so he should get more time there.

I don't have any problem with Nybeck and Pashin playing in lesser leagues as undersized guys. They will both take a couple years longer to develop anyway. Put them where they get ice time.
I thought so too but I looked at 71's J20 roster and he isnt on it. He isnt in the game today as far as I can tell either. Ill check back post game to see if the Stats are up. The J20 stats arent as thorough as the big team.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
if it translated correctly, sounds like he is going to be staying with HV71 for three more years.

EliteProspects says he's signed till 22/23, so probably comes from that.

BUT, the reason why Euro teams sign their top guys at 17 to three year contracts is, that they expect to cash with the transfer fee when the guy signs his ELC and ditches to NA while he's still signed. It wouldn't be good for HV-71 if he served his full contract and signed his ELC only after that as a free agent.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
EliteProspects says he's signed till 22/23, so probably comes from that.

BUT, the reason why Euro teams sign their top guys at 17 to three year contracts is, that they expect to cash with the transfer fee when the guy signs his ELC and ditches to NA while he's still signed. It wouldn't be good for HV-71 if he served his full contract and signed his ELC only after that as a free agent.
I don’t see us needing him before then. 1st prospect camp may change our minds though

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I don’t see us needing him before then. 1st prospect camp may change our minds though
Well, Canes and NHL teams in general do keep contact to their guys, and possibly send video material and instructions on what they need to develop. So the timetable indeed may as well have come from the Canes in these chats.

Tom Dundon so cheap and all that. :D

The coaching staff on both sides of the Atlantic do have expert expert projections on when the transfer to NA might be in the cards.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Covid is really screwing with his development atm. He's way too good for Nationell(only positive is him playing nearly 30 mins a game), but only plays 4th line/13F in the SHL with no end in sight really, so an Allsvenskan loan would be good.. Thing is, a ton of AHL players(and even some bottom-6 NHLers) are loaned to that league until the NHL/AHL seasons starts back up.

Reactions: DaveG

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Covid is really screwing with his development atm. He's way too good for Nationell(only positive is him playing nearly 30 mins a game), but only plays 4th line/13F in the SHL with no end in sight really, so an Allsvenskan loan would be good.. Thing is, a ton of AHL players(and even some bottom-6 NHLers) are loaned to that league until the NHL/AHL seasons starts back up.

I feel for a lot of kids right now. So many are going to have their development hindered due to the current circumstances. Not enough places to play for all of them.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Same deal on the other side of the Bothnic Bay. A number of who usually would be first basket guys are out of contract because the Liiga teams have stocked up with the NA guys waiting for when and if.

And it's not getting easier, as they just reported that Barkov might be joining Tappara. Reportedly Florida Panthers would be willing to foot the bill for his insurance.

I feel like they are starting to silently acknowledge that there won't be an NHL season 2020-21.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Real nice assist to feed Olausson(2021) for the goal.

Everything about that play is nice

1) Disrupts a dangerous pass in the offensive zone
2) Corrals that broken pass out of the air
3) Cuts to the middle
4) Dekes heavy to the open ice which draws both the goalie and the defender
5) Quickly drops a backhand pass to a streaking forward for an open net

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Ok so this year's Debrincat

Instead of Debrincat 2.0 filling our net with pucks, we draft Debrincat 2.0 and he fills everyone else's net with pucks. This here is genius thinking

download.jpeg.jpg

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Surprised to see he is still on Carolina's reserve list. Career highs in games, points, and plus/minus in his third pro season; but still playing in Alsvenskan. I'd imagine he's past the point of receiving an ELC but any chance another team is interested in attaining the right to sign him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad