Dec 23, 2013
You do know the Flyers are 4-5?

Last year they started 4-2 then went 7-9-7, after that 31-15-7
Hakstol's first season they started 6-9-5, then went 35-18-9
2013-14, 4-10-1, then went 38-20-9
2011-12, 5-4-1 and went 42-22-8
2010-11, 4-4-1 and went 43-19-11
2009-10, 5-4-1, and went 36-31-5
2008-09, 4-5-3 and went 40-22-8 the rest of the way.

So this team seems to have a tradition of slow starts followed by hot finishes.
Which means you can't bury this team until at least December.
I agree. This team is way too talented to just fold enough to get Hak fired. They'll make the playoffs.

Its gonna take the last sands in the hourglass of Giroux's prime to run out before Hak is canned

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Patrick has to get going and show why he was the #2 pick.
He looks pretty terrible out there for what he is supposed to be. He has it in him as we saw at the end of last year and playoffs so he has some slack, but underperforming big so far. He needs to improve his finish as well. I’m thinking he was an 80 pt guy but he’ll need to pick corners to do that. At least he is always wide and not shooting for that chest like rest of the team.

Reactions: hatcher

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Looks like Misha is in and maybe Weal out?

As Appleyard said, very strange to have a healthy game time decision like that. Not only does he change lines and the lineup like a made man, he doesn’t even have the roster set going into the game.

Reactions: mize370

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
He looks pretty terrible out there for what he is supposed to be. He has it in him as we saw at the end of last year and playoffs so he has some slack, but underperforming big so far. He needs to improve his finish as well. I’m thinking he was an 80 pt guy but he’ll need to pick corners to do that. At least he is always wide and not shooting for that chest like rest of the team.
I think he's going to be couts 2.0 offensively and hope that he can be at least 80% defensively. His ceiling was always 60 point center but people unfortunately bought into the #2 hype. He was the epitome of everything wrong with this organization. A safe pick that will be good unfortunately a truly great player was drafted at 3. Story of hextalls tenure.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I think he's going to be couts 2.0 offensively and hope that he can be at least 80% defensively. His ceiling was always 60 point center but people unfortunately bought into the #2 hype. He was the epitome of everything wrong with this organization. A safe pick that will be good unfortunately a truly great player was drafted at 3. Story of hextalls tenure.
It is deflating right now.....we were gifted that pick so we played with house money but still....

Reactions: TheKingPin

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Yeah he just doesn’t look like he has it, missing a mental tool or something and he skates with cinder blocks attached to his feet dunno man
What? This sounds EXACTLY like the people who said Couturier was never going to be better than a 3C. Patrick is playing good hockey. He's ALWAYS in position, makes great, creative passes, skates better than he get credit for and is going to be a very good player in the NHL. He's a month into his second year, just relax a bit on the 'he's a bust' talk, please.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What? This sounds EXACTLY like the people who said Couturier was never going to be better than a 3C. Patrick is playing good hockey. He's ALWAYS in position, makes great, creative passes, skates better than he get credit for and is going to be a very good player in the NHL. He's a month into his second year, just relax a bit on the 'he's a bust' talk, please.

Common sense is so rare, Couts was a 3rd line center for four years, then dinged for two, guess who gave him a bigger role on offense? Uh, Hakstol.
Patrick hasn't had the same pair of forwards for more than a month or two so far in his career.
He's got great defensive instincts, above average skating, really good hands in the slot, just give him a little time.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This game is on Spoertsnet here again today. To add **** to the **** salad it is to watch a Dave Hakstol team, I’m paying for Center ice and barely even need it.
It's been crazy how many games so far this year we did not need CI for. Tuesday's game is on SN too!

Let's stay positive guys. Hak will lead us thru this. We are 2-0 against divisional teams this year so Hak knows how to get us up for big games. This one will be no different.

Neuvirth will be one of today's 3 stars!!!

Reactions: bennysflyers16

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

I’m not ready to trade Patrick in but #5 looks pretty good too. It would be something if all three teams moving up got less value than the guy that got bumped. At least in one instance. Patrick needs to be more acertive. Have the puck more. And finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad