GDT: 11/9/19 - 1:00PM EDT - Buffalo vs Tampa Bay [NHL Global Series - Sweden]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I was not at home during the last 5 minutes of the game.
But I can say that this trip was very positive for us. I hope they've found the right way.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
In case if you are still thinking that is something wrong with Tampa, lets have a look at Atlantic division and its teams that are currently in the play-off zone:

1) Boston - Bolts won 1 out of 1
2) Toronto - Bolts won 1 out of 1
3) Buffalo - Bolts won 2 out of 2
4) Montreal - Bolts won 1 out of 1

100% result. And all those games were convincing, borderline dominating wins.

Sure if you want to worry about loosing some meaningless games against say Ottawa (last place) then I cant stop you, but nothing wrong with Tampa.

Tampa is sitting 11th in the conference right now even picking up 2 wins on this trip. Maybe a few more meaningless wins would help them get into the playoffs but if you want to watch golf in April don't let me stop you.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa is sitting 11th in the conference right now even picking up 2 wins on this trip. Maybe a few more meaningless wins would help them get into the playoffs but if you want to watch golf in April don't let me stop you.

Last year Bolts got 128 points. For example Colorado made playoff with 90 points. Its almost 40 points difference.
May be a lot less meaningless wins could have helped us be more fresh last year and win at least 1 game in playoff.

So if you did not learn any lessons and want to watch golf in April again, then cheer for more wins. Dont stop at 62, 82 is better.

P.s. and with your next comment to me, try to avoid telling me what to do or what not to do. It will greatly help me to avoid telling you (Sky04) what to do.
P.p.s And dont mixed up you (plural, non personal) with you (Skyo4, personal, singular). Those are two different you's.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Well yeah but with 1-2 games in hand. Win them and we're in 2nd place in the division. All things in time. It doesn't excuse the stinkers but we've at least afforded to control our destiny despite them.

Reactions: Maelmoor

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Well yeah but with 1-2 games in hand. Win them and we're in 2nd place in the division.
You cant bring such a fact on this forum. Its against the doom and gloom. :sarcasm:

By the way, where is all the doom and gloom? We had a great victory over the October champion. Twice in a row. Suddenly it's only 8 pages. Where are all the Bolts supporters cheering for the team? :laugh:

Reactions: Maelmoor

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You cant bring such a fact on this forum. Its against the doom and gloom. By the way, where is all the doom and gloom? We had a great victory over the October champion. Twice in a row. Suddenly it's only 8 pages. Where are all the Bolts supporters cheering for the team? :laugh:

Most are trying to balance well-earned skepticism and enthusiasm. See: Sunny

There's very, very few who only show up to bitch when we lose. One comes to mind but I'm not gonna go there right now because I don't frequent every GDT every night and there's a good chance I'm wrong. Sky at worst is gonna rip on anything and everything on any day that ends in the letter "y" whether we win or lose. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be surprised to see him rip on ducks walking across the road because they remind him of Anaheim.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Last year Bolts got 128 points. For example Colorado made playoff with 90 points. Its almost 40 points difference.
May be a lot less meaningless wins could have helped us be more fresh last year and win at least 1 game in playoff.

So if you did not learn any lessons and want to watch golf in April again, then cheer for more wins. Dont stop at 62, 82 is better.

P.s. and with your next comment to me, try to avoid telling me what to do or what not to do. It will greatly help me to avoid telling you (Sky04) what to do.
P.p.s And dont mixed up you (plural, non personal) with you (Skyo4, personal, singular). Those are two different you's.

Your logic is awful, scraping by and pushing harder to make the playoffs towards the end of the season would expend more energy than the Lightning sleepwalking through the 2nd half of last season. Keep pushing the narrative that this team was burnt out by the playoffs chasing wins, it just makes you look silly.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Your logic is awful, scraping by and pushing harder to make the playoffs towards the end of the season would expend more energy than the Lightning sleepwalking through the 2nd half of last season. Keep pushing the narrative that this team was burnt out by the playoffs chasing wins, it just makes you look silly.
My logic is based on:
1) our own last year result in playoff
2) Blues and Bruins result
3) Blues, Boston and Tampa result in the 2nd half of the last year regular season. They were 3 teams leading in wins and points in the 2nd half, but only Tampa was leading in the 1st half.
4) Unlike Blues, Bruins did not change their coach in the mid of the last season. So their result does not correspond with the coach change.

Now my turn to ask questions: How winning another 62 (or even more games) can help us in playoff, if it did not help last year? What's your evidence?

P.s.
And dont worry I am going to use the same words describing your evidence and conclusion - "silly" and "awful", so you cant be insulted, since you just used it to describe mine and you think its ok to use them.

P.p.s Absence of your answer / absence of evidence in your reply would make you look silly btw.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
knew they would push back a bit after last game... lots of chirping we sucked most of first they were all over us even though we had some super dangerous times too..... last two periods we played well imho..... not great but good and again a ton more chances..... we bonded a bit think we should become a bit more consistent and start moving up the charts myself....penalty on kucherov was a joke

good to see lesser guys taking up the mantle shatty playing well too..... first we really had issues clearing pucks much better after the start ....i was satisfied with this trip

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

And we will have to listen to this non-sense for the rest of the season.

I guess they got tired in the middle of game 1 playoffs despite them being 3-0, lol

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Great effort!
These 2 games were a lot of fun, was so happy to enjoy it live.

Couple of thoughts:
- 4th line was amazing. This is the grit and hard work we need come April. Gourdo looks great there.
- Volkov? Solid solid game. I really like his physical presence and he already showed some promising skills. Once he gets used to the NHL he'll be great for us. He can really be the skilled power forward top-six winger we've been missing.
- Rutta had a great(!) game. Was pleasantly surprised by his effort and overall awareness on the ice. His dive to stop the puck on a 2 on 1 was brilliant.
- PP1 needs some sharpening, mostly in term of zone entries. Yesterday was already better than Friday, but still some work to do. Also in term of puck movement, PP2 showed better things than PP1.
- Kuch is getting back into form, great to see. He's still away from top form, but he should be there in a couple of games. Prepare yourself to be entertained.
- I'd like to see Stammer be more a driver of the play 5on5.

Let's get back to Tampa and keep the ball rolling!

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Stat nerds, Tampa was outshot 29-18 with 4 minutes to go in the 2nd period. The 3rd period started 30-30. Yeah, they registred 12 shots in 4 minutes, after a poor showing in the first 36 minutes, that's where they turned the tide of the game.

Reactions: Hint1k and Maelmoor

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I had to delete a bunch of posts that were clearly off-topic. Use the ignore button or the private message system instead.

If you think a poster is trolling or attacking you for no apparent reason use the report button and a mod will handle it if need be.

Reactions: Hint1k
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->