GDT: 11/9/17 - 10:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Los Angeles

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
"And I think the Kings are going to want to focus on slowing down Names, Stammer, Kucherov, and well really all of them" bahahahaha

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
These pop up ads are pissing me off!

HFBoards needs to be careful. They essentially made it so ad blockers don't work on their site now (certain javascript code doesn't load until ads are fired) which makes the entire site essentially a moving brick.

I don't mind ads, but when you randomly start playing audio, force complete screen pop-over ads, and then prevent me from blocking any of them - well it's a very easy way to start killing off members.

I like the site and would even pay for an ad-free membership option if they offered an affordable one.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
HFBoards needs to be careful. They essentially made it so ad blockers don't work on their site now (certain javascript code doesn't load until ads are fired) which makes the entire site essentially a moving brick.

I don't mind ads, but when you randomly start playing audio, force complete screen pop-over ads, and then prevent me from blocking any of them - well it's a very easy way to start killing off members.

I like the site and would even pay for an ad-free membership option if they offered an affordable one.
I use the mobile version and the ads make the screen jump so often that you click on the wrong link all the time. I hate the new design.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

This doesn't happen to me while on my laptop. At all. It does, weirdly, happen on my phone. Random audio or whatever.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
This doesn't happen to me while on my laptop. At all. It does, weirdly, happen on my phone. Random audio or whatever.

Happens to me constantly on my laptop. I find the mobile version nearly unusable.

Perfect example: I was sitting there watching Stammer score a minute ago when a freaking charmin toilet paper ad came BLARING through my speakers loud as hell. Practically made me shit myself...

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
My brand new workstation dell precision laptop is brought to its knees uncontrollably sobbing by this websites JavaScript memory leaks.

Thankfully I can still post poorly on my iPhone

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Lost in all the excitement: Dan Girardi made a really great pass to Killorn.

I know, I know--It's early. But still. I'm really liking Girardi. Looks like money well spent.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Happens to me constantly on my laptop. I find the mobile version nearly unusable.

Perfect example: I was sitting there watching Stammer score a minute ago when a freaking charmin toilet paper ad came BLARING through my speakers loud as hell. Practically made me **** myself...
Successful advertising.

Reactions: AlwaysSunnyInTampa

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Perfect example: I was sitting there watching Stammer score a minute ago when a freaking charmin toilet paper ad came BLARING through my speakers loud as hell. Practically made me **** myself...

So strange. Stuff like that was more likely to happen for me in the older version. Less so in the recent year, I think. But there was a time when I was ready to boycott Polaris because of the ads.

Never had one pop up in the new version. ...And there. I've jinxed myself.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
My reactions so far...

1st goal:

yesjacknicholson.gif

2nd goal:

gpjxR_s-200x150.gif

3rd goal:

tumblr_oo39y4OjhL1r7dh6wo1_400.gif

4th goal: