GDT: 11/9/17 - 10:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Los Angeles

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is a good game to play Budaj. Puts him against his former team and it's a game that's gonna be tough to win regardless. Save Vasy for a revenge game vs. Anaheim. Anything we get tonight is a bonus.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
How the hell is Johnson a -6 ? Every player he's been on a line with is significantly better than that. Like it's actually impressive that he's been on for more goals against than even his own linemates.
Maybe he’s just unlucky. It’s still a rather small sample size.

Or he’s just bad defensively. ;D

Reactions: Sk8M8

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
How the hell is Johnson a -6 ? Every player he's been on a line with is significantly better than that. Like it's actually impressive that he's been on for more goals against than even his own linemates.

I say the same thing about Sustr being a -5. Him and Johnson have been two of our best players yet all the bounces go against them, good thing us rational people don't just look at the stats to judge players.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
2nd of a back-to-back with Budaj in net....

83206ae67da70662c246b9cca0b92d2da77cae199a14e8d23e102739d5192b2e.jpg

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Tough game tonight, Budaj has looked poor in the games in which he has played in this season. However, this could be a perfect opportunity to get back to the way he played last season against the team who traded him to us. Won’t be watching it tonight as it doesn’t start till 4am over here in the UK. Please let me wake up to see we manage to get the W.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Stoked to see you guys, should be a lot of fun tonight! Not really surprised the game isn't getting more hype since both teams are relatively low-key, but this is a pretty mammoth matchup.

Our lines from this morning:

Rosen is a good follow for Kings info for tonight in general. He's a fun dude, yet not homerific at all.

Good luck, cheers to health!

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
The thing with Budaj is that we can't rely on him stopping those big scoring chances the same we do when Vasy is in the net. I know this team is awesome to watch, I'm loving every second of it, but I'll be more comfortable once we're more defensively sound.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Let's go :bolts!!

If only Budaj can play more like he did last season than this one so far. Hopefully playing his old team will give him an extra boost.

Now to get in a nap before the game begins. :P

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Budaj or not Budaj, it's still a measuring stick game for us. LA as hot as Tampa for the moment. Hope our players are not tired.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Stoked to see you guys, should be a lot of fun tonight! Not really surprised the game isn't getting more hype since both teams are relatively low-key, but this is a pretty mammoth matchup.

Our lines from this morning:

Rosen is a good follow for Kings info for tonight in general. He's a fun dude, yet not homerific at all.

Good luck, cheers to health!

about the lines I expected for LA

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Vasilevskiy has been outstanding . Budaj may play well but our chances are not great tonight. Hope they prove me wrong.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Montreal's on the verge of getting SO (again), Wings are down by 2, so... I'm not expecting a win tonight, but it would be nice to build as much of a cushion as we can in the first quarter.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Montreal's on the verge of getting SO (again), Wings are down by 2, so... I'm not expecting a win tonight, but it would be nice to build as much of a cushion as we can in the first quarter.
While I agree, I don't think those are the teams we need cushion from.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Props to the Kings announcers / pre-game guys. Accidentally was watching their home feed for a minute, and I gotta say... That was the FAIREST "what's each team got" comparison I think I've ever seen an opposing team do. Usually it's "they're ok, but look at how amazing we are!", whereas that was actually fair and balanced.

Side note: Dear Budaj, please play with a chip on your shoulder to "show up" your old team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad