GDT: 11/8/19 - 2:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo [NHL Global Series - Sweden]

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
They probably thought the high stick call was a dive on his part (which is unsportsmanlike - oh the irony).
I agree. They thought it was embellished. It seems like most high sticks involve some embellishment. Gotta make sure the ref sees your head fly back as you grab your face.

edit: I don’t know if it actually hit Skinner or not. I’m not saying he embellished. The team certainly think he did. But, like I said, our guys do it too, even this game (McD got hit with no call). Seems once they realize no call is coming they drop the act

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'll admit that I missed all of the first and half the second, but what I saw of this team did not impress me at all. And if we were dominant in the first half of the game, where did that dominance for the last 30 min? Still waiting for a complete effort from this team. And the PPs I saw, ugh.

We have a notoriously negative board, even when we're winning. Even T-Rex is calling this a good win. I think maybe you have to consider that the portions you missed were kind of important. If we play like this all year, it's gonna be tough to beat us. I don't know if Buffalo had more than 6 or 7 legit chances all game.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
We have a notoriously negative board, even when we're winning. Even T-Rex is calling this a good win. I think maybe you have to consider that the portions you missed were kind of important. If we play like this all year, it's gonna be tough to beat us. I don't know if Buffalo had more than 6 or 7 legit chances all game.
They're goalie played fantastic as well. Could have easily had more then 3 goals.

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
They're goalie played fantastic as well. Could have easily had more then 3 goals.

Yeah, a lot of times when we play well defensively, we do it at the expense of offense. But in those games, we don't even get chances. We seemed to be generating a lot in this one. A big thing was plays weren't dying on Kucherov's stick. That makes a huge difference, it turns out.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Its only really gets bad when the team loses a game. If they win then the majority of the negative nancy's are nowhere to be seen.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Its only really gets bad when the team loses a game. If they win then the majority of the negative nancy's are nowhere to be seen.

Sometimes. I was pretty negative after the NJ win, and one of the Florida wins. I think a lot of us were. It takes a borderline dominant game to get T-Rex's seal of approval. So I think it's a little tough to frame this one as a bad performance.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Don’t know much about him (nothing really) but like Heddy, it must be cool to play an NHL game in your home country.

I just realized that he probably won’t play tomorrow, and, neither will Vasy. Uh oh

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Don’t know much about him (nothing really) but like Heddy, it must be cool to play an NHL game in your home country.

I just realized that he probably won’t play tomorrow, and, neither will Vasy. Uh oh
McBackup has played great for us this so far this year. Its the guys in front of him that have been letting him down. Time to make things right.

Reactions: DaBolts

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Nice game against a damned improving team. Let's get 2 boys.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
OK, OK. Mea culpa. I really didn't like what I saw of the last 25 min but I will concede that context is important and I didn't have it when I wrote what I wrote. Nonetheless, those two PPs I saw. Yeesh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zwui21 and DFC

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Shout-out to the 4th line who was fantastic again today. I really think we have something with Gourde and Paquette together.

The first time all year Maroon looked comfortable with his line mates. This could be a real real good thing for us!

Reactions: Master P

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
OK, OK. Mea culpa. I really didn't like what I saw of the last 25 min but I will concede that context is important I didn't have it when I wrote what I wrote. Nonetheless, those two PPs I saw. Yeesh.

Those two PPs were so bad I had to get a hot dog to forget about them

Reactions: SRQKiter

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Shout-out to the 4th line who was fantastic again today. I really think we have something with Gourde and Paquette together.

The first time all year Maroon looked comfortable with his line mates. This could be a real real good thing for us!
It's hard to figure why Maroon has been such a vagabond. He adds value everywhere he goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->