GDT: 11/8/19 - 2:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo [NHL Global Series - Sweden]

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I didnt see any of the game because I'm at work. How did we look? I can't imagine Buffalo's back line responded to our structure/forecheck too well. I have had my concerns but that is what they were... Concerns

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
What? We won all kinds of puck battles in this game. The entire team were puck hounds tonight.
I'll admit that I missed all of the first and half the second, but what I saw of this team did not impress me at all. And if we were dominant in the first half of the game, where did that dominance for the last 30 min? Still waiting for a complete effort from this team. And the PPs I saw, ugh.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
I didnt see any of the game because I'm at work. How did we look? I can't imagine Buffalo's back line responded to our structure/forecheck too well. I have had my concerns but that is what they were... Concerns
Sabres looked ok, but that final score 3-2 is deceptive. We had way more shots on goal and even more real chance to score but missed the net a lot.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I'll admit that I missed all of the first and half the second, but what I saw of this team did not impress me at all. And if we were dominant in the first half of the game, where did that dominance for the last 30 min? Still waiting for a complete effort from this team. And the PPs I saw, ugh.
Well if you missed the majority of the game then I'm not sure how you can justify what you're saying. They played a great game. Also, buffalo is not a bad team, you can't expect to go out and dominate them for an entire 60 min. Especially when they are are down in the 3rd, of course they are gonna take chances which result in some pressure.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
GREAT WIN.... this is absolutely the type of game when struggling can totally get away from you... loved all the work this game... actually like how schenn played also... side note tyjo looks like doing nothing this year but tied with palat in goals and points def been overlooking him and he did really good everyone did.... IF NOT for ulmark making a legit case for vezina consideration this probably was a 6-1 game for us.... very proud of the boys the effort we looked like dangerous team smart team playing hard imho

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I like the $h!t talk and chippy play from the guys.

Much better than watching a bunch of talented players gliding through games all statesmanlike.

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Well if you missed the majority of the game then I'm not sure how you can justify what you're saying. They played a great game. Also, buffalo is not a bad team, you can't expect to go out and dominate them for an entire 60 min. Especially when they are are down in the 3rd, of course they are gonna take chances which result in some pressure.
I missed half the game and the half I saw did not impress me at all. We looked like the lousy team we've been. Perhaps those two horrible PPs jaundiced my view. I'll go back and watch the whole 60 but a good half game doesn't cut it for me.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
First time I see the Bolts live, first W! Let's get the second tomorrow!

I liked our effort and overall play.
I didn't like our zone entries on the PP (referring mostly to PP1, PP2 was good). Everybody knows we do the drop pass and we are usually unable to enter the O zone cleanly in order to set up our PP1.
We've been struggling since the beginning of the season and we've yet to see some adjustments. Go back to the 2015 zone entries, those were clean AF.

Is Heddy really 100% healthy? He had a lot of troubles handling controlling the puck tonight, hope he's okay.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Good win but damn 16 points were way behind in the standings

Long season. Things will undoubtedly change in the standings. Usually does at least. It was a slow start though. One that could bite us in the end.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
On the PP, the passes were so much snappier and crisper with Hedman on the point. Point in the slot is getting covered a lot in there, can never get the off now. Might need to tweak that spot for him a little.
That is the only shot I remember Point getting on the PP this season

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Good win but damn 16 points were way behind in the standings
True but we also have a few games in hand. Toronto has played 3 more games than us. A little win streak would go a long way to getting us back in the race quickly

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Really happy that many of you got to see the team play and that they at least won 1 of the 2. Hopefully they’ll show up for you tomorrow too.

I think the arena was louder than it is for most Bolts’ games these days.

Reactions: Maelmoor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->