GDT: 11/8/17 - 10:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ San Jose

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Sharks fan dropping by to say that I’m jealous of your teams speed, forechecking, and breakout ability. I’m already regretting the tickets I bought for the game in Tampa next month. I think there is some bar called Fergs across the street so I may just take a few shots beforehand so the back alley ass beating you guys give us won’t look so bad.
Cheers!

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
One of the few weaknesses on this team is the lack of a power line to power through teams that will stack the blue line and make it hard for our speed to break through. I would not touch our first 2 lines. But TJ-Cally-Kunitz is not a power line. Yes there is a bit of grit there but when we are called upon to dump and chase, and score a dirty goal, we have been stymied such as the Anaheim game. I was hoping that Erne could fill that role but clearly he is not consistent enough to do so. If I were the GM, I would consider a trade of one of our wing scoring prospects along with draft picks to pick up that PF that would complete this team.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
He was found this level even before his injury, that 17 game stretch in 2013/14 is still the best hockey I've seen Stamkos play to date, something triggered in him that season and everything was put together - he felt like a one-man wrecking machine despite playing with MSL.

After the injury he tried to play at that level again but it just didn't seem to click. He's not as individually dominant this year despite his huge PPG, to me it looks like a reflection of what happens when you give an elite offensive talent too much time to make decisions on the ice - credit to Kuch that seems to be his special ability to draw players to his side, defenders don't seem to be as zoned into Stamkos as previously.

Yeah, that stretch till post was the most dominating hockey he's ever played. But back then Stamkos was playing the same style he had played always, but at the absolute highest level.

What I'm seeing is he's plain changed his game. Old Stamkos had 3 options after blueline:
Drive the net
Shoot
Go behind the goal and try to pass

Now he doesn't drive the net, thanks I think to that particular post, doesn't go round the goal that often either, and shoots a little less. Instead he's looking for different ways for his line to score.

That's what I meant with the evolving, I fully agree that he was a better player back in that stretch, but this version of him is perfect when you have someone like Kutcherov on your line.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I don't know if that pass to Kucherov to set up the breakaway last night was the product of an evolved game, or just incredible chemistry. As soon as Kopitar got off balance Kucherov turned on the jets. His head game is off the charts, and Stamkos was on the same wave length. Amazing

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't know if that pass to Kucherov to set up the breakaway last night was the product of an evolved game, or just incredible chemistry. As soon as Kopitar got off balance Kucherov turned on the jets. His head game is off the charts, and Stamkos was on the same wave length. Amazing

He's sprung St.louis is similar fashion before - believe it's 100% chemistry, you don't see him do this kinda stuff with regular joes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->