11/5: (WGR) Terry & Kim Pegula Interview - (AP) Bills in Toronto Series Ending

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
11-5: TERRY & KIM PEGULA ON WGR (22:49)

WGR Summary of the Interview:

Owners of both the Bills and Sabres franchises, Kim and Terry Pegula joined Mike Schopp & the Bulldog Wednesday afternoon from the First Niagara Center.

The two touched on a number of topics, from the opening of Harborcenter, the bidding for the Bills Franchise, the state of the Sabres, and even Donald Trump.

"The idea of Harborcenter was mine," Terry Pegula said. "But I haven't even visited it yet."

Kim and Terry Pegula also spoke about what it was like to take over the Buffalo Bills franchise, as Terry Pegula said "We put ourselves in a position financially that in our minds, they couldn't say no."

Kim Pegula added that owning the Bills is "A once in a lifetime opportunity, it was too hard to pass up."

@WGR550
Terry & Kim Pegula are both live with Schopp & The Bulldog now! Tune in!

T. Pegula: "Harborcenter was my idea, I haven't even been in there yet."

T. Pegula: "#Bills are more of a franchise in transition than the #Sabres"

T. Pegula: "We obviously made a decision awhile ago to pursue the #Bills."

T. Pegula: (on bidding for the #Bills) "We put ourselves in a position financially that in our minds, they couldn't say no."

B1tmhm4IMAAzTeo.jpg

K. Pegula: (on owning #Bills) "It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, it was too hard to pass up."

B1tmv95IUAEDc78.jpg

T. Pegula: (on Trump) "How would you feel if he was your owner?"

T. Pegula: (on Sabres) "Losing sucks, but we're rebuilding."

T. Pegula: (On watching Sabres this yr) "I don't enjoy it, it's tough..you have a plan, and sometimes things happen to a team & it changes"

@john_wawrow

Pegulas commit to new stadium for #Bills and working on ending Toronto series during interview with AP. http://www.pro32.ap.org/article/bills-owners-commit-new-home

@TBNSports

Pegulas talk about their plans for the #Bills. By @viccarucci: http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...talk-about-their-plans-for-the-bills-20141105

@TheBuffaloNews

Kim Pegula's new role means more visibility. http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/kim-pegulas-new-role-means-more-visibility-20141105

B1uhXQHCMAApOq0.jpg

Last edited:

Clock

May 13, 2006
His candidness is STILL refreshing to me.

Glad to see how uncomfortable he is with the current situation (losing like this).

The "Bills are more in transition" comment is pretty interesting, especially since they have a winning record at the moment.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I think that's more of a "we're cleaning house after this year unless they make the playoffs" thing regarding the Bills. If I was in the Bills front office or coaching staff, I'd be worried about "transition"

Bps21*

Yeah I'm sure he means...we have our front office all set and in place for the sabres. I have barely met the bills crew.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@BrianWGR

Terry Pegula on a new #Bills stadium. "Well, there's going to be a new stadium somewhere, that's all I know" http://www.pro32.ap.org/article/bills-owners-commit-new-home …
Terry and Kim Pegula are committed to building a stadium for the Buffalo Bills and are working on ending the team's series of annual home games in Toronto.

As for the Bills-In-Toronto series, the Pegulas are ready to end it.

"We're working on that right now," Kim said. "We want all the home games to be played in Buffalo, so we're working through that. I think it's close, but nothing's been finalized. But that is our intent."

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Will they be more hands-on with the Bills than with the Sabres?

“Hire good people and let them run with it; that’s my attitude,” Terry said.

“We can help with certain things. I don’t know what they all are yet. I know what some of the things are that I’ve helped with on the hockey side, such as increase the scouting budget, hire more scouts. I don’t care if you hire too many. If we’ve got some scouts that can’t scout, we’ll find out later, we’ll throw them out, and we’ll have somebody (else) in the area rather than doing it leaner.”

Kim said the Bills would “get a little more attention just because we’re learning, whereas the Sabres we’ve had for almost four years, so we’re hitting our stride with that. We’ve got the right people in place that we can kind of step back a lot more with the Bills probably in the first year just to get a better understanding of” where to be “more involved.”

like this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad