GDT: 11/5/13 - Calgary Flames @ Minnesota Wild - 7:00PM CST - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I can read English as mangled as the losing cars in a demolition derby.

Also, since you people seem so obsessed about it vs they when referring to a team, the team is always plural because you are referring to all players, not one. The Vikings vs a Viking. Or in the case of our Wild, its the singular that needs attention. A member of The Wild vs The Wild.

Just my two cents. And i am only tossing them in here because I AM VERY BORED THIS AFTERNOON. For ****s sake I'm gonna watch SOCCER. That should tell you something. I can barely tolerate soccer much more than I tolerate basketball.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Also, since you people seem so obsessed about it vs they when referring to a team, the team is always plural because you are referring to all players, not one. The Vikings vs a Viking. Or in the case of our Wild, its the singular that needs attention. A member of The Wild vs The Wild.

Sure it's plurar if you refer it to the players but when you think of it as a unit/organization it's singular. Atleast that's how I see it.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
Listen to Calgary radio I know I'm weird for somebody who is supposed to be hockey insider he has not watched the wild play at all lately not his job but still not very good facts. But I do give him credit for knowing about Nino Granlund and coyle. He also said Jason pominville doesn't seem like a scorer.

My brain hurts.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Hey guys, just had a fantasy hockey question. I have Backstrom in my pool and I've noticed Harding has been getting most of the starts, has Harding taken over the number 1 job?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
A reminder of the Site Rules, everyone.

4) Offensive Posts, Links or Images: No NSFW content. NSFW ("Not Safe For Work") is defined as anything that most people would not want their bosses, parents, and/or teachers to see. Do not use profanity, racial, ethnic, religious, or other slurs and stereotypes, or post sexually-oriented material, masturbatory and excretory references, or any other offensive material. This includes "Victim Pictures" of people and animals after they have been through some form of bodily trauma, "Goatse" - Photographic picture featuring the rear end of anatomy, "Tubgirl" - Photographic picture featuring creative uses of anatomy and liquids, and pedophilic jokes (ones about having sex with children). Nude and semi-nude images are not to be posted here. That includes your avatar. These are not "Babe" forums for displaying content that belongs in swimsuit calendars or lingerie catalogs.
Do not circumvent the obscenity filter by using numbers or characters such as ! or $. A word's exclusion from the obscenity filter does not mean its usage is endorsed.
We have members from different countries, religions, and cultural backgrounds. Even if you express a point of view that is very popular in your culture, it may generate a negative reaction from members in another part of the world so please exercise tact.

Profanity and inappropriate posts are prohibited. That goes for images and videos as well.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Sure it's plurar if you refer it to the players but when you think of it as a unit/organization it's singular. Atleast that's how I see it.

It might be a problem of the Wild's name. It doesn't really have a plural form so it often sounds singular.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Hey guys, just had a fantasy hockey question. I have Backstrom in my pool and I've noticed Harding has been getting most of the starts, has Harding taken over the number 1 job?

Yes, this seems to be the case, at least for the near future.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
How about that game of sportsball that's soon to occur?

hxLHQQA.gif

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Aaaand there's when I stopped taking you seriously, good job.

Anyway, Calgary Flames.

It's ok I stopped taking you seriously when you started talking about a sport you've never played or even tried to understand, while simultaneously arguing that a football first down line is more visible than a soccer offsides line because it doesn't move, after saying that they're both not visible.

Meanwhile you completely ignored the half of the post regarding using sight to find something, meaning it's visible.

Wild 4-2
Pominville, Cooke, Parise, Suter
Monahan, Glencross

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Sooooo what does this have to do with the Calgary Flames?

I've got the day off and I was bored as all hell so I watched a soccer game, complained about the total lack of offense and the offsides rule and here we are.

George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
It's ok I stopped taking you seriously when you started talking about a sport you've never played or even tried to understand, while simultaneously arguing that a football first down line is more visible than a soccer offsides line because it doesn't move, after saying that they're both not visible.

Ah so now you're making assumptions? That'll get you somewhere.

It isn't invisible.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I really wish you would address the part where you use sight to locate it.

I never said the line didn't exist and that you couldn't use reasoning to determine where the line is. That's what you have been trying to hammer into my apparently dense brain for the past page and a half, when I've been saying something completely different.

We're not on the same page it seems.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I'm a chick, and played varsity soccer for four years (they even wanted me as an 8th grader to play up but my parents wouldn't allow it LOL, I played right wing/forward) but I am staying out of this conversation. :laugh:

Go Wild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->