GDT: 11/3: Starlight, Starbright: Boston Bruins vs. Dallas Stars - Mod Warning post 441

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
And they had to move on from guys like Sharp, Oduya and Saad. I don't think it was easy

And they will eventually be unable to afford both Seabrook and Keith and ice a full roster unless the cap goes up significantly.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
We are going to see games like these this year, we are re-tooling and it shows, we aren't ready yet.

Pretty bad night overall, Spoooner has been really bad 5on5 player this year and even on the pp looked bad today which is really really bad.
We need to figure out what to do with Spooner.

We have to stop playing Chara-Kevan pairing, Kevan isn't a top shutdown D and again they were brutal on the pk, Rask needs a better night for sure but really can't blame him for Sequin's success.

Hate seeing kelly go down like that, that was probably a career ending injury :shakehead

Koko was good today and he has a chance to earn a full time spot now.

Nice to see Eriksson getting few goals, he has definitely deserved them,
to me Colin was our best player tonight, had a great game and will be a deadly player for us.
Krug was another star today and he was earning a pay raise today again.
Today also seemed again that often when Kemps was on the ice we had good energy/scoring chance in the offensive zone and Rinaldo made few nice plays.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Team has looked great on its winning streak up until tonight. Bound to have a bad night eventually. Hope the boys come out firing on all cylinders next game.

I hear ya in the sense I had no illusions of winning this game. We don't match-up well with the Stars.

But the lack of energy, plus Rask right on-board with that...

Ugg. The lose wasn't the worst part.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Rask has been a big problem for this team. I honestly think he needs to see somebody. His mental lapses have crucially taken over his play.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I think Washington will be a harder game than the Habs talent wise-Habs are just in their heads.

I don't know that they get any points from the next 3 games but they have played much better on the road than at home so maybe they will put something together.

I hope they don't use Talbot as the Kelly replacement but I'm scared they will.

I would rather trade for a younger Kelly like player or just go with our kids.

Oh theylll use Talbot as a Kelly replacement for sure

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Rask has been a big problem for this team. I honestly think he needs to see somebody. His mental lapses have crucially taken over his play.

I don't think we would have won this with Gust either and Rask just had 2 good/fantastic games.
But he needs to get better ofcourse.

This is something we are going to see this year with our defensive skill and when the goalie isn't 100% either one of them we are going to lose.

Really hate to start Caps/Habs week like this.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Not a bad game overall. Dominated the first. Then lost the special teams battle with 3PP goals for Dallas to the Bruins 1. That's the goal difference right there.

Dallas didn't do much at all 5 on 5.

This ends that 6-0-1 unbeaten streak. Let's start a new one on Thursday.

If the bruins get some elite goaltending they probably win that game. The weakest link right now for Boston is that they give up few shots but generally it only takes a few high quality chances. Seems like 1 in 4/5 chances are getting by Rask. Then factor in some not so high quality changes also going in. Meanwhile, bruins offense is better but its still somewhere around 1 in 10-15 high quality chances going in.

Not a recipe for long term success.

All that being said, this was the first game I really felt the bruins deserved to lose.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I think we all recognize the Bruins haven't been great defensively this season.

But a 0.889 SV % from Rask just doesn't cut it.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Can't blame Rask for all of those goals (Seguin is an animal, period) but it is clear that he has to do better. Does it seem like he spends way too much time down on his knees? I'm not an expert of any kind but that's how it looks to me. Hopefully this won't destroy his confidence - prior to this game he was hastily going in the right direction.

On the positive side, Kemppainen looks like he is improving his game a lot. Lots of faceoff wins and consistently good plays.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
A team tends to play better in front of a goalie that makes a large timely save and bails them out in a big spot...at least here and there...

Gus has done that. Review, if need be. Yes, he gives up a poor goal a game. Most of the time when we're up a few. Timely.

Call a spade a spade, Tuukka has not excelled at making timely big stops.

A mistake...is in.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Not a bad game overall. Dominated the first. Then lost the special teams battle with 3PP goals for Dallas to the Bruins 1. That's the goal difference right there.

Dallas didn't do much at all 5 on 5.

This ends that 6-0-1 unbeaten streak. Let's start a new one on Thursday.

You know what that "1" stands for, right?

I'll give you "points streak", but not "unbeaten streak".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad