GDT: 11/3/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yep Vasi was also great!
Do we start Dom tomorrow?

Yeah, I think we should. Gotta get him back on the horse.

Ottawa's probably gonna come out hard, after getting embarrassed today. We'll likely have to weather another storm.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Story of the game for me was the Stamkos 2nd goal. He passed out of that situation in the Nashville game and it cost us, tonight however he had two scores from wristers. I bet Price was as surprised to see that as we were which is why it went past him :laugh:

If Stamkos is relying on his one timer, he'll get his 20 goals. If he shoots from the slot area like he did tonight, he'll have 40. That's how he scored his 60, finding soft areas and shooting. He hasn't had consecutive productive games this season, hopefully this changes tomorrow.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Story of the game for me was the Stamkos 2nd goal. He passed out of that situation in the Nashville game and it cost us, tonight however he had two scores from wristers. I bet Price was as surprised to see that as we were which is why it went past him :laugh:

If Stamkos is relying on his one timer, he'll get his 20 goals. If he shoots from the slot area like he did tonight, he'll have 40. That's how he scored his 60, finding soft areas and shooting. He hasn't had consecutive productive games this season, hopefully this changes tomorrow.

I liked his first goal too. Not so much the shot he scored on, but the one directly before. Normally, he's been passing that, but that time, he just fired, and it bounced around in front of the net until Kuch pulled it out of the chaos and found Stammer again. But the shot created the chaos that eventually led to the goal.

Reactions: Rschmitz

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Nice to see that Stamkos realized it was hockey season. Well you called it DFC. Helluva game by him.

Ottawa will be interesting. Hopefully we don't stink it up

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Hope Stammer can get some consistency in his game. If he always needs a terrible game to come out flying the next one it’s gonna be a long season. Nonetheless, go Stammer, great game!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hope Stammer can get some consistency in his game. If he always needs a terrible game to come out flying the next one it’s gonna be a long season. Nonetheless, go Stammer, great game!

On the bright side though, we're in a better position than ever to have Stamkos be a complementary player rather than a guy we depend on. Kucherov is another matter, and last night was not good for him, despite the pair of assists.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Need to Stammer play better for an extended length. Nice game boys.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I don't see it happening. But man, if he would just shoot the ****ing puck whenever he has an opportunity to shoot, good things will happen for the team. His first goal showed that.

This is why I don't like those little flutter shots we always try from the point (the Matt Carle special, but pretty much everybody uses it; Pretty sure it's a Cooper directive). Yes, they're easier to tip, but we don't really have anybody who does that regularly, but, the downside is, rebounds and bounces are predictable, and therefore easy to defend, because the puck is moving slowly. You crank a shot like Stamkos's, on the other hand, and you don't know where the puck's going to end up, even if it's stopped or blocked or whatever, and there's as much a chance of it winding up on a TB stick as the opposition.

I think sometimes this team--Stamkos and everybody else--shoots the puck only when they HAVE a great scoring chance rather than in hopes of CREATING a great scoring chance. Stammer's first goal was created by a shot that hit Miller in the back, and set Montreal scrambling to defend.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Couldn’t watch the game last night. How did drouin look?

Still pretty dangerous, I thought. Faster than last year, but not close to the speed he showed with us. He plays a safer, more simplified game now, but when he turns it on, he still makes things happen.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Is that what's happening? It is just plain awful, whatever it is. If that's what their best cover band sounds like in Montreal, you just need to go with the real thing. That "band" should not be employed, anywhere, ever.
It sounded like the Barenaked Ladies singer doing covers to me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad