GDT: 11/27/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Anaheim vs Tampa Bay

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
f***ing Miller - you can't miss that shot wide.

Palat can replace him. Miller hasn't done shit for weeks.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Meh. We outplayed them. We've been pretty consistent this year, a couple of games aside. Can't win em all, and sometimes you get beat by a goalie. When you're TB, that goalie is usually a back-up.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Can someone tell me what's up with Stamkos.?.I keep.waiting for him to go on a goal scoring explosion....now im wondering ..are those days over?
He is the Canadian Ovie or at least he was

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
When Strålman comes back, I'd really like if they let Cernak stay with Mac, put Stråls with Hedman and sit Sergachev for a couple. Even with his occasional rookie mistake, Cernak has been more defensively solid during his few games so far.

They'll probably never sit Girardi.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Can someone tell me what's up with Stamkos.?.I keep.waiting for him to go on a goal scoring explosion....now im wondering ..are those days over?
He is the Canadian Ovie or at least he was
We're all waiting :ha:

He will always be one of my favorite players I really hope he gets his cup and his goal scoring touch back but it might be too late all we can do is sit here watch and wait

Reactions: LonLon Lei

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
When Strålman comes back, I'd really like if they let Cernak stay with Mac, put Stråls with Hedman and sit Sergachev for a couple. Even with his occasional rookie mistake, Cernak has been more defensively solid during his few games so far.

They'll probably never sit Girardi.

I'd rather see McDonagh-Stralman. They were too good. Hedman-Cernak would take a little pressure off Cernak, because he wouldn't be up against top lines every night.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Anyone concerned about our 1st line? Too early to judge?
It looks like Yanni can't carry the line by himself when the other two aren't as good as the ones on the 2nd and the 3rd lines.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I'd rather see McDonagh-Stralman. They were too good. Hedman-Cernak would take a little pressure off Cernak, because he wouldn't be up against top lines every night.

You do have a good point. McStrals was pretty dang dominant as our main shutdown pair, taking on the top lines. It was shocking how the defense didn't seem to miss a beat when Hedman went down as McStrals simply became the top pairing, munched minutes, scored points and was generally outstanding. And we do know that Heddy can play fine with a young one, especially one that looks to be better than Dotchin was.

It just looks like Mac has some good solid chemistry with Cernak even with the kid facing some top lines already. Plus we know that Hedman-Strålman can be a solid 'we will shut you dowwwwn' pair as well. It would be rather nice to have two dominant "none shall pass" pairs. :laugh:

But, whatever will be, will be. Thursday is still going to be a fun game. :popcorn:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You do have a good point. McStrals was pretty dang dominant as our main shutdown pair, taking on the top lines. It was shocking how the defense didn't seem to miss a beat when Hedman went down as McStrals simply became the top pairing, munched minutes, scored points and was generally outstanding. And we do know that Heddy can play fine with a young one, especially one that looks to be better than Dotchin was.

It just looks like Mac has some good solid chemistry with Cernak even with the kid facing some top lines already. Plus we know that Hedman-Strålman can be a solid 'we will shut you dowwwwn' pair as well. It would be rather nice to have two dominant "none shall pass" pairs. :laugh:

But, whatever will be, will be. Thursday is still going to be a fun game. :popcorn:

McStrals was the top pair even when Hedman was healthy though. That's the thing. They played the toughest match-ups. That's why I think it would make more sense to pair Cernak with Hedman and use them more in offensive situations.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad