GDT: 11/25/16 - Penguins @ Wild - 3 PM CT / 11 PM Suomi - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
I love how there is no superstar, but a really great hard working team, an incredible depth and my beloved spotless defensive system.

Like Finnish NT :handclap:

Well, not so about the depth :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
Dumba has been pretty crappy this whole year though imo.

This whole year? Really? Our biggest fear with Dumba last year was his defensive ability, but he's shown this year that he can be reliable on defense. Scandella is our biggest bodied defensemen and he rarely uses the body, he has a hard shot but he's inaccurate with it. If you compare Scandella and Dumba, I'll take Dumba every time.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

don't agree. Seem to recall him scoring an OT GWG, and having a terrific assist on a goal (partial spinorama to Granlund) pretty recently. He is definitely improving defensively, though he still has a ways to go.

Scandella is rusty, let's give him some time also. His game isn't pretty, and is kind of awkward, but he can be very effective. Noticed that he was getting his shot blocked a lot today. That's a timing thing, which is only natural considering the time he has missed.

Those two guys have the two hardest shots on the Wild.

Personally, i would love to see;

Dumba Suter
Spurge Scandella
Brodin anyone but Prosser

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Not even close! He was great for most of his time with Suter, started tailing off a little which is when Spurgeon was returned to that line two weeks after he was healthy again.

Dumba is up and down, but he has been far more up than down this year for sure! Still gets the occasional defensive gaffe, but when he's not with Reilly they are very few and far between now.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
don't agree. Seem to recall him scoring an OT GWG, and having a terrific assist on a goal (partial spinorama to Granlund) pretty recently. He is definitely improving defensively, though he still has a ways to go.

Scandella is rusty, let's give him some time also. His game isn't pretty, and is kind of awkward, but he can be very effective. Noticed that he was getting his shot blocked a lot today. That's a timing thing, which is only natural considering the time he has missed.

Those two guys have the two hardest shots on the Wild.

Personally, i would love to see;

Dumba Suter
Spurge Scandella
Brodin anyone but Prosser

I think Folin can about match Scandella for shot power and accuracy (both need lots of work on accuracy). Scandella at the start of the season wasn't good, he's looking better now even if a little rusty. I have missed Scandella's moonshot zone clears when he was hurt.

It would be hard to move Brodin off the second pairing with how well he's played this year. I'm interested to see what BB does for the Blues game for pairings.

Suter/Spurgeon
Brodin/Dumba
Scandella/Prosser

This would be the "next man up" pairings, but I'd like to see Spurgeon and Dumba swapped at least to try it. Depending on how well Prosser plays it could look a lot like tonight's game: Brodin paired with everyone at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad