Post-Game Talk: 11/20/19 | #19 capitals @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Loved Buch, Lemieux, Chytil, Kakko and Bread last night.
Lemieux is the kind of guy you want/need on your team to be successful.
The more I see of Chytil, the more I think he was the steal of his draft year. There are times where he just looks better than everyone else.
Buch has a bug up his arse last night. Hope he plays with it all the time.

We did beat a very good team, but we were also very lucky. Hank was fine, but four posts says the gods were on our side.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
They’re not there yet, but you can see what they’re building. The scary thing is...they’re not done yet.

Not even close. The next two years, the amount of talent they'll be infusing will be mind blowing... Added to all of the growth we've seen so far.. w o w

You're 100% right, we're seeing the true groundwork of something so special. Those flashes (last nights game and actually a few impressive ones so far this season).

Beyond jazzed about this team and the future.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Buch disappeared for a few minutes to get his citizenship papers and sworn in and came back a changed man. Would've had a third point if Chytil converted.

Reactions: Rongomania

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
again I really feel like those posts were bad goaltending by Lundqvist (though the first one from Kempny was off the far outside of the net and I wouldn't consider it "close"). Carlson, Eller, and Oshie shots off the posts were all Lundqvist sitting on his goal line with the shot coming from far out. No challenge at all from Lundqvist, no angle cut down at all, if he was playing out a bit maybe it's just a save off the shoulder rather than a goal post

Reactions: egelband

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i think it’s just the vocal minority who hate Strome - those who have to always have someone to pick on. Staal last seasons, Stepan before that, Redden before that, Malik before that etc...

I really don’t see someone to hate on with this team

Strome's doing a good job being Panarin's passenger. He's not really skilled to make all the things happen by himself with lesser linemates but riding shotgun to a guy like Panarin he can definitely help facilitate things and he seems to be doing solid.That's fine, not every player has to be "the guy" who drives every line.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
This is the frustrating part of this team... We see the potential... and then we'll lay an egg the next game

If the effort is there, like Quinn demands, they are such an entertaining team to watch

Kinda fine, want to miss the playoffs still, so we can win another lottery.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
And they say you can't live on Bread Alone...

My Lemieux love has never been higher. F Tom Wilson. He's only tough because the TRex's died. Punch that punk in the mouth.

Typical Ovi toughness running Howden in garbage time. I know everyone is hoping he breaks Gretzky's goal record. I am hoping someone hands his ass to him on a plate before he retires.

Solid win boys. Well done.

I don't know why anyone would hope he breaks Gretzky's record. I want the Great One to remain unparalleled.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Strome's doing a good job being Panarin's passenger. He's not really skilled to make all the things happen by himself with lesser linemates but riding shotgun to a guy like Panarin he can definitely help facilitate things and he seems to be doing solid.That's fine, not every player has to be "the guy" who drives every line.

That's not true. He has only played with him since Zibanajad went out, he has only 3 games this year where he didnt get any points, 2 of them were with Panarin. He has produced on any line so far this season, and was good last season for us. Not sure why people continue to put him down and say his points come from Panarin when he has only played a handful of games with him.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
A little late for this, but...

giphy.gif

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
There is a reason they dont count shots that hit the post....because you need to hit the net to score you donkey Milbury. Kept saying a couple inches and it's in, but a couple inches the other way and it misses the net einstein

Mighty Ducks reference ftw

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Due to his special teams prowess and Zjad's absence, Strome is becoming the ice time king on the Rangers. His 22 something minutes of ice time tonight was the most among Rangers' forwards by a lot, and his 27:57 against Florida was tied for first with Panarin. The coach says he loves how Strome is playing all over the ice.

I'd still trade him for the right price.

But he's looking like a re-sign candidate right now. Dunno if we can even afford him... may HAVE to trade.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Finally watched the game this morning. A couple thoughts:

- Goal aside, Howden had a very good game. I feel like the last few, he's looked more like an NHL whereas for most of the season he was clearly out of place. I wonder if the Lias demotion woke him up as well.
- Mckegg is a fantastic 4th liner. I'd love to have a 4th line with three of him. He needs to play every night.
- Fox seems to have dropped from his prior (ridiculously high) level. He's still making plays and a huge positive influence on the game, but I see a few more mistakes right now. It will be interesting to see how he fights through this stretch where not everything is going perfectly.
- There's not much left to say about Chytil...I'm so thrilled to see how he's matured as a player.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I'd still trade him for the right price.

But he's looking like a re-sign candidate right now. Dunno if we can even afford him... may HAVE to trade.
It's called team depth. We need it. Trading him would be stupid. You don't dump players who step up when you need him.

Reactions: NCRanger

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Finally watched the game this morning. A couple thoughts:

- Goal aside, Howden had a very good game. I feel like the last few, he's looked more like an NHL whereas for most of the season he was clearly out of place. I wonder if the Lias demotion woke him up as well.

I still just don't quite see it. Even with a "good game" he struggles to establish the forecheck and cycle the puck well. He can't protect the puck along the boards to save his life.

Reactions: romba

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
He's on pace for 107 right now.
And he's not even close to sniffing the top 10. It's early and regression/sampling should cause many to come back to Earth, but there's been some crazy goal scoring in the league so far. Emphasis on two way defenders and clean crisp breakouts has allowed the stars to really shine and has led to ridiculous transition games for nearly all teams.

Reactions: NCRanger

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
And he's not even close to sniffing the top 10. It's early and regression/sampling should cause many to come back to Earth, but there's been some crazy goal scoring in the league so far. Emphasis on two way defenders and clean crisp breakouts has allowed the stars to really shine and has led to ridiculous transition games for nearly all teams.
Finally seeing a return to the game of the 1980's with better goaltending. Games have been a lot of fun to watch.

Reactions: egelband and romba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->