GDT: 11/2/13 - 7:00PM EDT - St. Louis VS Tampa Bay

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
This should be a close one. St. Louis is one hell of a team though so I wouldn't be surprised if they got away with the W.

BlueBob

Oct 21, 2013
Looking forward to a fun game tonight, no prediction though...

Hedman's goal off the boards was unbelievable. Sure he didn't intend it to go in but he did place it in a great spot for a post-angle rebound nonetheless. And think, he made that billiards shot in an away rink. Bishop was pretty amazing too, and that rolling upside down save was Brodeur-in-trouble-esque. There's a new Rollie the Goalie in the NHL :)

Yup, tonight's game is gonna be fun. Can't wait!

Last edited:

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Anytime we play StL, I'm excited. It's Martin St. Louis versus his namesake town. But to win this game, we have to give up fewer than 3 PPs against us and forecheck effectively. The Blues are very deep up front and on D, so we need to bring a full 60 minutes tonight.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I actually think if we can stay out of the box we match up super well with killorn on top line him and stamkos are being more physical than the blues top line really:)

The Blues remind me a bit of the Bruins. Hoping I'm wrong, but I don't think we match up that well against their style.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
The Blues remind me a bit of the Bruins. Hoping I'm wrong, but I don't think we match up that well against their style.

Not many teams match up with the blues style in regular season. I think stamkos and killorn hit enough to equal backes steen line etc..

Their d is better then we are for sure. Will be tough sledding I have watched detroit on rolls for years go into st louis and get DUSTED like 6-0 more times than care to admit.

We have to equal them physicality and we have to stay out of the box and get some penalties and convert. Got to play a smart game and actually get a decent number of shots etc..

We can play with these guys. If we play well will be a 5 point game for both teams if not could be one sided or another pittsburgh type of game 6-5 etc..

I hope ben plays as well as last night. The blues think he is weak low. He was closing off the five hole well last night lets just hope he is as sharp again:)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not many teams match up with the blues style in regular season. I think stamkos and killorn hit enough to equal backes steen line etc..

Their d is better then we are for sure. Will be tough sledding I have watched detroit on rolls for years go into st louis and get DUSTED like 6-0 more times than care to admit.

We have to equal them physicality and we have to stay out of the box and get some penalties and convert. Got to play a smart game and actually get a decent number of shots etc..

We can play with these guys. If we play well will be a 5 point game for both teams if not could be one sided or another pittsburgh type of game 6-5 etc..

I hope ben plays as well as last night. The blues think he is weak low. He was closing off the five hole well last night lets just hope he is as sharp again:)

Yeah. I think TB can skate with anyone. I'm really looking for Stamkos to bring his A-game tonight. Even with MSL wearing the C, Stammer has been the guy that's taken over games this year, and I'd like to see him do that for big games. Tonight's a game that the Lightning aren't really expected to win, so picking up 2 points would be huge. You want your top players digging deep in games like this.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
We win 3-1 in regulation. Killorn, Stamkos, Thompson.

Need to win this game to keep pace with the Penguins.

Last edited:

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Are you ****ing kidding me Cooper? Playing Gudas on PP but not Hedman? Not that Gudas is bad (Hedman's better), but I'm a butt hurt fanboy.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Mishkin said the goal by Killorn was the first even strength goal the Blues have conceded in 225 minutes. Nice!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad