GDT: 11/19/18 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Nashville

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
My PC lost its voice again. I'll see you guys later when I figure this out.
hope the team will fix things up, too!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
KK has no idea what he's doing out there man. Almost ran into McDonagh on the backcheck.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The thing about Domingue is, he'll make a bunch of nice saves, and then remind you why he's still a back-up.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Thank God we do better in 2nd periods. Nashville is just sitting back cherry picking because the Lightning won't stop p***yfooting around and wont just dump and attack at full speed

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
KK has no idea what he's doing out there man. Almost ran into McDonagh on the backcheck.

Koekkoek has some decent offensive d-man instincts but there's just too many times where it looks he has no fricking clue what he's supposed to do or where he's supposed to be in the defensive zone. There's even an occasional 'deer in the headlights' look which is very disturbing.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I hope the deal with Domingue lately is just that he can't handle the pressure of being a starter, which is a case for many backups when their starter gets injured. If Dom plays like this for longer he'll cost us points later even when Vasy gets back.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Koekkoek has some decent offensive d-man instincts but there's just too many times where it looks he has no fricking clue what he's supposed to do or where he's supposed to be in the defensive zone. There's even an occasional 'deer in the headlights' look which is very disturbing.
He was acting like he didn't know if he was LD or RD on that shift.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Indeed. Yet on the attack and in the offensive zone he is really underrated in instinct. If every little chance he made resulted in a goal KK would have probably 5 or 6 points

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Yeah. One would think that Mac would move to RD so Koekkoek wouldn't have to play his offhand but... :huh:
I mean - the position isn't set in stone. You have to make a read based on where you or your partner is on the ice. Maybe the read there was KK is going for a skate so I need to stay toward the center.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I don't know what you're watching? We were outplayed in every phase of the game that period.
They got a lot of shots. They won the possession battle. But it's not like they were getting a lot of chances. Our D did a great job of not giving away grade A chances.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I mean - the position isn't set in stone. You have to make a read based on where you or your partner is on the ice. Maybe the read there was KK is going for a skate so I need to stay toward the center.

Very true. We've seen d-men criss-cross the ice plenty of times regardless of what side they're technically playing. And Mac is talented enough to do whatever it takes to cover for his young partner. When he's not tackling Preds, that is. :laugh:

Indeed. Yet on the attack and in the offensive zone he is really underrated in instinct. If every little chance he made resulted in a goal KK would have probably 5 or 6 points

Wasn't someone on these boards talking about how KK could possibly be a better forward than a defenseman?

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Very true. We've seen d-men criss-cross the ice plenty of times regardless of what side they're technically playing. And Mac is talented enough to do whatever it takes to cover for his young partner. When he's not tackling Preds, that is. :laugh:

Wasn't someone on these boards talking about how KK could possibly be a better forward than a defenseman?
I've been calling for that for a year.

ronsatter

Aug 30, 2018
They got a lot of shots. They won the possession battle. But it's not like they were getting a lot of chances. Our D did a great job of not giving away grade A chances.
Well, I'll give you this, you're definitely a "glass half-full" kind of guy. Still don't know what you were seeing though.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
I guess no hat-trick from Point today. Well, I am ok with only 2 goals then.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Kind of wish Cally would have shot low there. Wasn't goign to beat Pekka up high and with Point crashing better chance of a rebound going off the pads.

Still we have some great jump right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad