Post-Game Talk: 11/16/19 | #18 RANGERS @ panthers

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
The intrusive advertising during the in-game broadcasts is out of control... Now we have to watch 15 second video ads without the game even being on a commercial break... MSG also shows video banner ads during the gameplay... And the digital advertisements that started off as more discrete graphics now morphed into huge eye-catching (distracting) digital banners.... What's next, the entire perimeter of visible glass covered in digital ads? More in-game commercials?

8CC2Q7q_d.jpg

Increasingly annoyed by this.... The intrusive advertising is not going to go away, it will get worse...
This was me 6-8 years ago.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Not to get political, but regardless of whether he likes or dislikes Trump, the fact that he's extremely outspoken about him one way or another is the character issue, not that he likes him. Being extremely outspoken about the most divisive issue in the country is not a good thing if you're trying to prevent distractions and drama on the team. What happens if we have a player or two come out in 2020 saying they hate Trump and support his opponent? The media will pit them against each other and that creates instant storylines that an organization does NOT want.

Well it hasn't happened so far. Also NHL players are mature enough to not let this affect their game play. Wasn't one of the Blackhawks players sleeping with another player's wife and they won the Stanley cup.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Bad early penalties and Hank tonight were the reasons we lost this game. 4 goals on the road 3 from the walls.

we played one of our better games for sure.
This is true, but I gotta tell you, they had Hank moving east/WEST seemingly all night. Give Florida credit, they were passing the puck well and had Hank moving and out of position too many times. Bad goals? Yeah, for me especially the one that hit his stick and deflected past him. But, give the Panthers credit, was a tough game for Hank, games he "used to" handle.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He was on a contender a couple of years ago. He sucked at defense on that team too.
Watched many a Ttouba game with Winnipeg. Wasn't "on board" for acquiring him as I thought he was overrated. His actual "defense and pksitioning" are very questionable, but yes, good on the PP and really good physicality. THAT is what we apparently wanted and PAID dearly for.
Have no choice but to be on board and root for him now.
Wish we had bypassed him and signed ADA long term, but I suppose they know better than me.
IMO Lindgren is a baby Trouba. He has some offensive talent that I am not sure we knew he had. Tough dude, watched him closely at game in Pantherville.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
ok ... and know?
6-8 more years of seeing the entire consumer world in the same vein? Learning to avoid it as much as possible, watch less sports, watch no TV, never see commercials unless I’m in a hotel room.

I’m just saying what machinehwad was referring has been going this way for a LONG time

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The developments of Fox, Buchnevich, Chytil, and DeAngelo this season have all been positives so far.

I don’t like Quinn benching Buchnevich after that stupid penalty. Everyone takes those from time to time. But 15 points in 18 games and a plus 7. Quinn’s Sin Bin seems to work but he needs to be a little bit easier in some cases. But I look past all this and think him and Quinn have a good relationship. Maybe that’s why he is harder on him ,expects more.
By and large, and I say this because the inevitability of the Howden howls that will come, Quinn's rules are the same for all and are pretty clearly laid out for all.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Not to get political, but regardless of whether he likes or dislikes Trump, the fact that he's extremely outspoken about him one way or another is the character issue, not that he likes him. Being extremely outspoken about the most divisive issue in the country is not a good thing if you're trying to prevent distractions and drama on the team. What happens if we have a player or two come out in 2020 saying they hate Trump and support his opponent? The media will pit them against each other and that creates instant storylines that an organization does NOT want.
1) this is exactly the type of PC that people are talking about.
2) who cares if he is pro-Trump? He could be pro-Sanders and it would not matter at all either.
3) are we not saying that if he was pro Warren or pro Biden, that would be ok?
4) Tony had some maturity issues that needed to be worked out and on. He is a good teammate and has no issues in the locker room. His political views his views and are not an issue either in the locker room or with management.

This is creating an issue where no issue exists.

Reactions: romba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad