Recalled/Assigned: 1/19/20 - Asplund assigned to Rochester

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
not surprised that larsson is out. he got slammed in the boards before the tying goal and took a huge two handed chop from haula on the back of the legs after it. dunno why the ref didn't do anything about that (or that weird tackling thing in ot), but what can you do. the nhl is corrupt!

anyways, looking forward to getting a real glimpse at asplund this weekend. i have always had good feelings about him, but it's hard to say how he'll perform at the nhl level

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
One thing I noticed about Asplund in Rochester is he'll keep control of the puck until he can make a play. The thing I hate about Vesey is he'll dump the puck as soon he gets the threat of a challenge. Asplund reminds me of MoJo and Pilut in that he can change speed and move laterally to buy time until he can make a play.

Last edited:

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
One thing I noticed about Asplund in Rochester is he'll keep control of the puck until he can make a play. The thing I hate about Vesey is he'll dump the puck as soon he gets the threat of a challenge. Asplund reminds me of MoJo and Pilut the he can change speed and move laterally to buy time until he can make a play.
Not to throw this thread off-topic but it seemed like this team, Risto in particular, dumping in and losing possesion so frequently last night.

A bunch of plays where we were in the zone, the puck exited, and one forward was making re-entry offside. Instead of passing the puck back and then rushing back in, it was just dumped immediately allowing CAR to get the puck because we had to wait for our guy to come out before forechecking

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
My concern is his lack of physicality. If he is here to replace Larry, that is essential. Even if he is here to replace someone else it is useful.
From watching him in SHL for a couple of years, lack of physicality is not something that comes to mind to be honest. He might be smallish but he plays a big body game and shows grit.

I hope he gets a real chance and doesent have to ride the bench or play plugminutes.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Using your prospect depth in the minors to fill in for an injury is now throwing prospects to the wolves? :facepalm:

It might just be sarcasm, particularly in a world where 1980 tells us that we traded futures to protect our prospects from playing this year.

I'm excited to see him up, really liked his camp last year, he might fit great on a line with Mitts at some point, defensive tenacity to free mitts and enough talent to finish.

RASMI!

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It might just be sarcasm, particularly in a world where 1980 tells us that we traded futures to protect our prospects from playing this year.

I'm excited to see him up, really liked his camp last year, he might fit great on a line with Mitts at some point, defensive tenacity to free mitts and enough talent to finish.

RASMI!
I’m excited to see him play as well. Particularly where he is slotted.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
From watching him in SHL for a couple of years, lack of physicality is not something that comes to mind to be honest. He might be smallish but he plays a big body game and shows grit.

I hope he gets a real chance and doesent have to ride the bench or play plugminutes.
Glad to hear. In preseason he was tentative and shied away from contact, so let’s hope that wasn’t the norm.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The Ristolainen trade is being finalized. An announcement is imminent. Asplund is here to keep the Sabres from falling below 2 Rasmi on the roster. There's a little known clause, actually it's more like a memo, that states that once a team has 2 Rasmi it can't go back to 1 Rasmi.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
The Ristolainen trade is being finalized. An announcement is imminent. Asplund is here to keep the Sabres from falling below 2 Rasmi on the roster. There's a little known clause, actually it's more like a memo, that states that once a team has 2 Rasmi it can't go back to 1 Rasmi.

1 Rasmus. Rasmi is plural. You can’t go back to one rasmus.

Reactions: Vito_81

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
For our Amerks observers: does he pk? Larry’s pk time needs to be addressed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->