The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
DsF4FonWsAA14px.jpg

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
That was a good team we played, might have turned out different if not for that twilight zone sequence of events that happened at the end of the 1st.

On the Cernak front..he played a very Cernak like game tonight. 6 hits, 3 BS, and a total beast in the neutral zone. He had half the Pens bench pissed at him by the end of the game through being clobbered taking the red line. Don't underestimate the effect that had in helping to tilt the ice from the second period on. He's still uncomfortable when he has the puck for more than a couple of seconds, we'll start seeing some offense come when he gets over that.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
That was a good team we played, might have turned out different if not for that twilight zone sequence of events that happened at the end of the 1st.

On the Cernak front..he played a very Cernak like game tonight. 6 hits, 3 BS, and a total beast in the neutral zone. He had half the Pens bench pissed at him by the end of the game through being clobbered taking the red line. Don't underestimate the effect that had in helping to tilt the ice from the second period on. He's still uncomfortable when he has the puck for more than a couple of seconds, we'll start seeing some offense come when he gets over that.
Only point I'd push back on...

Pens are not good right now. And they were missing someone pretty good from their lineup to boot.

Reactions: Hoek

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Lose to the Sens and the Sabres, beat the Pens. Isn't that just the most Lightning thing ever?

Although the Sabres haven't sucked so far while the Pens have.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Lose to the Sens and the Sabres, beat the Pens. Isn't that just the most Lightning thing ever?

Although the Sabres haven't sucked so far while the Pens have.
We beat a pens team just barely, missing arguably the best player in the world, Derrick brassard, and with a cold goalie still shaking off the cobwebs. Plus the refs handing out penalties like std's at burning man. Not quite the accomplishment really. Fun game to watch, but it's nothing to be proud of.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I think we need to do some changes to our lines. While Point had a hattrick which is nice, the second line was pretty much invisible at 5v5 for like the 3rd game in a row. Miller has also been playing like ass for a while. Wouldn't mind putting him back to the 4th line because that really seemed to work for him and right now he is only holding Kuch and Stammer back.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
We beat a pens team just barely, missing arguably the best player in the world, Derrick brassard, and with a cold goalie still shaking off the cobwebs. Plus the refs handing out penalties like std's at burning man. Not quite the accomplishment really. Fun game to watch, but it's nothing to be proud of.
I somewhat agree. I actually didn't enjoy the game all that much thanks to the millions of penalties. think I've watched more entertaining low scoring games this season. still glad we won and Dom was just fine tho. Next game we'll be tested yet again and see what we got.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

His timing on some things is just slightly off, but will be fine with some time. My god I love his game. He has some nastiness that we don’t have. I said it from the time I saw him and serge at prospect camp, I though cernak looked better. Different players obviously, but he is gonna be so solid for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad