I don't want to make this poll

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Gotta feed Chytil more mins. Game like that no one else going for him to only get 15 mins is silly. Should have had him out there the whole night. His line consistently drives play. They should get a ton of mins Saturday.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
In the end I don't think they will be good enough to make it and will be in the lottery. They just aren't ready yet but they are better than you make them out to be. This team has talent.
This does not sound like what you were saying before. No one is saying that they do not have talent. But it looks a bit dubious when you say "they are better than you think, but I think that they will be in the lottery".

Sounds to me that they are no better or worse than I think and are exactly who I believe them to be.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If Buchy could bury something Chytil would have a few assists too. Buchy could be a ppg player right now if he weren’t so cold

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
This game was good to see that Chytil and Bucha can work without Kreider. Something tô consider when decisions are about tô be made.

Last edited:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Howden loses every single one on one battle. The craziest part is that he continues to head into them headfirst with confidence. He'll hang on to the puck to make a play and he ends up losing it. He'll pass the puck off to a spot where its a race to get it and he inevitably loses it even if he gets the first touch. He'll take the puck wide behind the net with 2 steps on the defender and STILL somehow finds a way to get the puck poked off his stick behind the net. Guy is completely useless in the O zone. He tapped in a few rebounds this year woop-dee-flipping-doo.

The positive is he makes nice passes in the D zone under pressure. But once he gets in the O zone he goes full DeRp mode and continues to try to buy himself time instead of using his linemates. Get this guy outta here.

Team needs to kick it into gear in the D zone. Too many free sticks in the slot/between the dots. Take a man and get (legally) physical. Box them out. Let them know your there at least so they rush it a little. Something. Anything.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
It’s not just about this one game. Sure if this one game was a standout bad performance I’d agree but nearly 20 games in and I could probably count on one hand how many acceptable defensive efforts the team has given.

I’m sure people will say “off night for the goaltending” but as Anson Carter and Vally pointed out between the second and third, most of Tampa’s goals were because of grade A chances. We can all preach patience and let’s wait and see but it’s pretty clear to me that this is not the group of coaches I want teaching these young guys how to be NHL players. They are just not good enough for what these players and this organization deserve.
Why?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
It’s not just about this one game. Sure if this one game was a standout bad performance I’d agree but nearly 20 games in and I could probably count on one hand how many acceptable defensive efforts the team has given.

I’m sure people will say “off night for the goaltending” but as Anson Carter and Vally pointed out between the second and third, most of Tampa’s goals were because of grade A chances. We can all preach patience and let’s wait and see but it’s pretty clear to me that this is not the group of coaches I want teaching these young guys how to be NHL players. They are just not good enough for what these players and this organization deserve.

They were literally on the ice trying not to crap themselves. I'd imagine a team like Tampa could find some soft spots on the ice when a team cant move.
Every young player outside of Howden and Andersson is improving each week, I have no idea how you feel Quinn isnt the right one to lead the youngest team in the nhl when so far Kakko, Chytil, Fox, Zibanajad, Hakek, Lindgren and Buchnevich all improved under Quinns watch.

Last edited:

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Gotta feed Chytil more mins. Game like that no one else going for him to only get 15 mins is silly. Should have had him out there the whole night. His line consistently drives play. They should get a ton of mins Saturday.

I feel the same way with Lias. If there was ever a game to get him a bunch of TOI it was last night. You are not coming back. What's the worst that can happen? A 10th goal gets scored on you? It's like in football. The game is in hand so you play the backups. Or in baseball you have a right fielder pitch.

And listen. I'm not a part of the Lias is getting screwed mob. I just feel DQ could've just given him a ton of ice considering how the game was going.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Lias was bad last night so I don’t see any reason he should have gotten more TOI

I will say though, if there was ever a game to try him out on wing, it was this one. It’s so clear at this point the team is against trying him there when you play career 4th liner Greg McKegg on wing before Lias

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I feel the same way with Lias. If there was ever a game to get him a bunch of TOI it was last night. You are not coming back. What's the worst that can happen? A 10th goal gets scored on you? It's like in football. The game is in hand so you play the backups. Or in baseball you have a right fielder pitch.

And listen. I'm not a part of the Lias is getting screwed mob. I just feel DQ could've just given him a ton of ice considering how the game was going.

yeah I hear you if there ever was a time to play him more it would be last night but that’s not what I meant when talking about chytil. Chytil’s line was actually driving play and going. He deserved to get extra mins especially in a game like that.

Lias on the other hand was a -3 in about 3 mins of his first even strength ice of the game. Tough to do. So while I agree if ever there was a game to get him some mins for a look he was absolutely horrible last night. Maybe the worst I’ve seen him so it’s hard to say he deserved a bump like Chytil did

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Everyone forget about last night, you cant play hockey with diarrhea, god love them for trying but I'm not putting any value in that loss.

Reactions: Thirty One

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

Maybe he had poopy pants too?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
the team got absolutely wrecked last night and Lias was one of their worst players in the process.

he's not just being unnoticable, he's had quite a few bad games lately.

watching him and Howden just get owned on ice every night is legitimately not fun. it sucks because you can tell neither of them are playing with any confidence and are getting f*** all done on the ice and they're both young and have obvious tools to work with. I don't buy that they're being developed as bottom 6 players because nothing about their usage tells me that. Lias is being "developed" as a 13th F and Howden is being "developed" as a top 6 center which he isn't on any team in the league.

I just don't really have words anymore. I have a hard time accepting any credible pro coaching group watches this and say "yah uh this is good we need more of this". This team is a complete dumpster fire and they've only pulled some wins out of their asses because Chytil is freight training the entire league right now and Adam Fox is a lawn guyland Brian Leetch. Oh and good goal tending.

I also don't buy the young team excuse. We've seen teams that were extremely young. They're not exactly polished and are susceptible to folding easier than veteran teams but outside of some cases you can at least see the high-flying ice acrobatics with the puck and with their speed that you can take away there's something going on here. I only see this from individuals on the team and in short bursts. This is a really, really bad team that happens to be young. Not a young team playing unevenly imo. This isn't encouraging.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
They were literally on the ice trying not to crap themselves. I'd imagine a team like Tampa could find some soft spots on the ice when a team cant move.
Every young player outside of Howden and Andersson is improving each week, I have no idea how you feel Quinn isnt the right one to lead the youngest team in the nhl when so far Kakko, Chytil, Fox, Zibanajad, Hakek, Lindgren and Buchnevich all improved under Quinns watch.

It's easy-- the structure the team is playing under is absolutely garbage and the absurd amount of scoring opportunities the team gives up is ludicrous. Any 21 year old player will improve when they start from a floor so low. How could they not show improvement?? Too many people want to just ignore all the shortcomings of this staff and focus on individual skill growth. Sure that's one part of coaching but why just ignore everything else This team can not defend and are getting worse-- its on the coaches to fix that.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Our collective feeling this morning:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Paulie Walnutz

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
We are like the little girl with the curl...when we are good, we are pretty good. And when we are bad, we are really ****ing bad.

Yeah, like we said before the season, the big question is not if we can play better hockey than last year, it’s if we can be consistent enough over a full season to stand there with a sufficient number of pts after 82 games to make the POs.

Having that consistency, not throwing pts away, is what you must have to make the POs.

I think we are seeing exactly that. And I also would think twice about the ‘how hard can it be’ or ‘someone must be the worst ever’ reactions. It comes with the territory. Like if Trouba and Panarin and the likes can fail to have a unit take it to the other team — why should Howden/Lias?

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Lias was bad last night so I don’t see any reason he should have gotten more TOI

I will say though, if there was ever a game to try him out on wing, it was this one. It’s so clear at this point the team is against trying him there when you play career 4th liner Greg McKegg on wing before Lias

He's checked out. I'd love to be the fly on the wall in his agent's office.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Starting to wonder if a Zib return triggers some recalls and assignments. Howden and Andersson both need to go to Hartford for a reset. Recall Fogarty to center the 4th line.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
the team got absolutely wrecked last night and Lias was one of their worst players in the process.

he's not just being unnoticable, he's had quite a few bad games lately.

watching him and Howden just get owned on ice every night is legitimately not fun. it sucks because you can tell neither of them are playing with any confidence and are getting **** all done on the ice and they're both young and have obvious tools to work with. I don't buy that they're being developed as bottom 6 players because nothing about their usage tells me that. Lias is being "developed" as a 13th F and Howden is being "developed" as a top 6 center which he isn't on any team in the league.

I just don't really have words anymore. I have a hard time accepting any credible pro coaching group watches this and say "yah uh this is good we need more of this". This team is a complete dumpster fire and they've only pulled some wins out of their asses because Chytil is freight training the entire league right now and Adam Fox is a lawn guyland Brian Leetch. Oh and good goal tending.

I also don't buy the young team excuse. We've seen teams that were extremely young. They're not exactly polished and are susceptible to folding easier than veteran teams but outside of some cases you can at least see the high-flying ice acrobatics with the puck and with their speed that you can take away there's something going on here. I only see this from individuals on the team and in short bursts. This is a really, really bad team that happens to be young. Not a young team playing unevenly imo. This isn't encouraging.
Which teams?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Which teams?
teams that immediately come to mind for me are last year's Hurricanes, the 2014 Lightning the 2017 and 2018 Blue Jackets. Teams that weren't necessarily great and had serious flaws but you felt that the team was "getting there" and had their ups and downs. This never materialized for some teams until much later due to whatever reasons but I think it's exceptionally hard to find a super young team with a lot of talent that's just, horrible at everything. Probably the 2014 avalanche are the closest example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad