I don't want to make this poll

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
They definitely have talent.

They're also incredibly young, incredibly top heavy, and incredibly awful in their own zone.

Amazingly I'm not down on this team...I'm actually very happy with a lot of what I've seen...I just refuse to buy into the thought that this is a good team or a playoff team.

This is a bad team..or a young team if you prefer.

It's not a team ready to be a playoff team. That's ok...get me byfield and I'll be effing jumoing for joy.

Great analysis, couldn’t agree more!

Pidto Files

Nov 8, 2019
I had to leave the house when it was 4-0. In fact it was 1-0, then I went to take a **** just before leaving the house, and it was 4-0 just a few minutes later. I'm glad I missed the rest of the slaughter.

So you taking a shit parallels what the Rangers did the whole night...

Reactions: RaXp and Inferno

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Lemieux btw - at least per the replay I saw - barely him the goalie. And McDonagh challenged him or at least went to him. Don’t think it was any big deal.
And for what it’s worth I’m tired of the Rangers treating these ex-Rangers like old buddies. Maybe the first game. Maybe even Girardi a bit more. But the rest, it’s history. Move on.
Lemieux may have done something very important fighting McDonagh. Nothing against McDonagh but that whole buddy-buddy nonsense has to go. Maybe Brendan broke the spell.
Hope Fast tears strips out of Zucc.

I’m just kidding @Webster ;)

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Can any of you guys help me find the "this is a bad hockey team" thread? I think I am supposed to check in there after games like this. Seriously though. We are the youngest team in the league. Tampa is a really good veteran team. This outcome is bad, but in the big picture, it's one game. Put it to bed and move on to the next one.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Game should have went to running time in the third. Literally putrid effort, but let’s not be confused— other games this season have been just as bad and the only reason the team did not give up 9 goals in those was because of heroic goaltending.

The entire coaching staff should go, but these are the types of games where the organization needs to send a message. How Lindy Ruff is still employed after nearly 15 or so horrendously played defensive games is just another example of how lost the decision makers are in this organization.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Game should have went to running time in the third. Literally putrid effort, but let’s not be confused— other games this season have been just as bad and the only reason the team did not give up 9 goals in those was because of heroic goaltending.

The entire coaching staff should go, but these are the types of games where the organization needs to send a message. How Lindy Ruff is still employed after nearly 15 or so horrendously played defensive games is just another example of how lost the decision makers are in this organization.

Half the team had Diarrhea, might wanna pump the brakes. I agree with Ruff needing to go but Quinn is fine. Kakko, Buchnevich, Chytil and Fox are all examples of kids being able to play and succeed for him

Reactions: haveandare

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Half the team had Diarrhea, might wanna pump the brakes

It’s not just about this one game. Sure if this one game was a standout bad performance I’d agree but nearly 20 games in and I could probably count on one hand how many acceptable defensive efforts the team has given.

I’m sure people will say “off night for the goaltending” but as Anson Carter and Vally pointed out between the second and third, most of Tampa’s goals were because of grade A chances. We can all preach patience and let’s wait and see but it’s pretty clear to me that this is not the group of coaches I want teaching these young guys how to be NHL players. They are just not good enough for what these players and this organization deserve.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Hard to disagree with most of this, but I'm inclined to think they're closer to a playoff team than a top-3 pick team
Really?
EJV2RT9XsAwpci8.png

Even if this is just one chart that doesn't paint the whole picture, NYR is in absolute rock bottom whatever you look at, except for goaltending (which also took a bit of a dive after this slaughter). NYR's bloody awful in both creating scoring chances and preventing them. That's not a good recipe for winning games.

This is much more a lottery team than a playoff team, IMO.

Reactions: PalmCoastRanger

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
No big deal....couple of marginal calls...fair goaltending and playing a team that likely will end up winning the conference by 10 points . Us...rebuilding club fighting the flu on the road out playing golf all day . Could have been worse....easily enough 12-3 was possible . Was nice to see Kreider bump a couple and Lemieux smack McDonagh around ...hope he never hurt him . I figured Tony would be into it...kept his cool...maybe turned a corner and has an eye on the big contract ?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Really?
EJV2RT9XsAwpci8.png

Even if this is just one chart that doesn't paint the whole picture, NYR is in absolute rock bottom whatever you look at, except for goaltending (which also took a bit of a dive after this slaughter). NYR's bloody awful in both creating scoring chances and preventing them. That's not a good recipe for winning games.

This is much more a lottery team than a playoff team, IMO.
Basically what I'm saying but more to the point and with charts. Good post!

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The +/- looks ok in some spots because 5 of the 9 goals were on the powerplay.

that’s why Lias’ minus 3 looks so much more egregious in like 5 mins of ice time. That’s what 3 mins of actual 5 on 5 play? Gotta protect this kid and get him to Hartford immediately.

I said it before the season and I think it still holds true. I think we’ll be battling for a wildcard spot all year. Doesn’t mean I think we get it but we’re one of the teams that will be in that mix. Very few teams can survive without their top center very long. We’re going Saturday on game 9 of 18 brutal.

Georgiev was like a pitcher getting tagged for 8 runs in the top of the first inning. Certainly not all his fault but he couldn’t make a save and the game is pretty much over before it can even breathe. Goaltending was really bad all night.

having said all this. I will be shocked if we don’t win Saturday and play a great game.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I gave the game two periods then I watched The Challenge from Wednesday night. I hoped Cara Maria would get eliminated. Made my disappointment even worse.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Well if nothing else, the game clearly illustrated that winning face offs in the offensive zone has absolutely nothing to do with generating offensive chances. Face offs. Who needs 'em?

Reactions: Paulie Walnutz

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

We are back to "Quinn needs to go", are we? Can we keep it in the Quinn thread?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Can any of you guys help me find the "this is a bad hockey team" thread? I think I am supposed to check in there after games like this. Seriously though. We are the youngest team in the league. Tampa is a really good veteran team. This outcome is bad, but in the big picture, it's one game. Put it to bed and move on to the next one.
When told in the summer that this team is not competing for the playoffs, there were those that stomped their feet and railed against the wind. When told that games like Boston are going to happen, there were those that stomped their feet and railed against the wind. When told that the youngest team in the league is going to have games like this, there are those that stomp their feet, rail against the wind and believe that Barry Trotz or Joel Quennville would have had better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad