GDT: 11/14/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Anaheim VS Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
All I want to know after that period is how the Bruins manage to spike our waterbottles.

jolmy

Jan 29, 2011
Really good 1st period!!! Glad to see Brown contributing :) Bishop's solid as usual :handclap:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
dictionary.com says that a synonym of phantom is 'imaginary'.

camera of the imagination.

That's the one the refs get special access to.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I like how Connolly is getting down and dirty in the puck-battles. Seems to be looking for ways to get involved.

And what can we say about Flip at this point?

Also, if anyone's watching on the Duck's station, the commentary is surprisingly good. Lots of info on both teams, and they've actually done their homework on the Bolts. Pretty refreshing.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I like how Connolly is getting down and dirty in the puck-battles. Seems to be looking for ways to get involved.

And what can we say about Flip at this point?

Also, if anyone's watching on the Duck's station, the commentary is surprisingly good. Lots of info on both teams, and they've actually done their homework on the Bolts. Pretty refreshing.

I am and no doubt, they are one of the better ones I've heard. Mentions of Palat, Panik, Johnson, Gudas, Sustr and even Coopers law degree. Heck I didn't even know the Lightning assistant coach was Carle's coach in college.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Haha, like 4 separate mentions of how good the Anaheim crew is tonight. Shows how terrible most commentary booths are.

I'm watching it despite having the TB option. These guys are refreshing. Feels like a national broadcast but a little more laid back. They're obviously lined up with the Ducks, but they call it pretty down the middle. They won me over when they said the Ducks deserved the holding call. :p

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
I'm watching it despite having the TB option. These guys are refreshing. Feels like a national broadcast but a little more laid back. They're obviously lined up with the Ducks, but they call it pretty down the middle. They won me over when they said the Ducks deserved the holding call. :p

Yeah, totally agree. Breath of fresh air.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Eh, I'm not switching. I like my bias to be on Tampa Bay ;)

So they actually know who more than 3 people on our team are? That is a little refreshing

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Keep in mind this is the 3rd game in 4 nights for the Bolts. I'm a bit worried about some fatigue catching up with us later on, but it makes that first period all the more impressive. I'm crediting Cooper with a lot what's going on right now.

Also, does anyone else feel like they've finally got their breakouts mastered? Feel like Cooper's system might just now be getting ingrained over these past few games.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Eh, I'm not switching. I like my bias to be on Tampa Bay ;)

So they actually know who more than 3 people on our team are? That is a little refreshing

Yeah, they've gone in-depth. They've mentioned stuff that I didn't know. Not something you expect. The worst I've ever seen was Ottawa last year, whose commentators clearly just looked at a stats sheet and drew some poor conclusions.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Keep in mind this is the 3rd game in 4 nights for the Bolts. I'm a bit worried about some fatigue catching up with us later on, but it makes that first period all the more impressive. I'm crediting Cooper with a lot what's going on right now.

Also, does anyone else feel like they've finally got their breakouts mastered? Feel like Cooper's system might just now be getting ingrained over these past few games.

Our breakout has problem with aggressive forechecks. Ducks don't seem to have a very aggressive forecheck.

NHLeitner

Jan 2, 2013
Carolina
Yeah, they've gone in-depth. They've mentioned stuff that I didn't know. Not something you expect. The worst I've ever seen was Ottawa last year, whose commentators clearly just looked at a stats sheet and drew some poor conclusions.

That's what sucks about Jack Edwards. His homerism is unbearable, but guy is always prepared for every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad