GDT: 11/13/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I mean - we should have won. We didn't. Sucks but what can ya do.

Team needs to realize there's no easy points. Been playing too lazy lately.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I didn’t like how stamkos didn’t shoot it at the end I really think he could have got it in the top corner

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
Sleepy first and a soft second goal doomed the boys tonight. We’ve all seen that before. Bolts were far better in the 2nd and third periods.

Two avoidable losses....

Reactions: berlin

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Carter Hutton after the game:

"Honestly that last one there when it went across to Stamkos, I think everyone in the rink thought he was shooting it, but he had the poise to hold onto it and gets it back to Kucherov. I tried to get a push over and luckily it hit the outside of the post there. You know, they're an elite team. I thought in the 2nd, we sat back a little too much and let them take it to us. Kinda showing them too much respect. We were trying to flip pucks out and their transition game is too fast."

"I try to be a little aggressive, especially against a team like this with their speed. ... I just try to respect the shooter. Especially these guys are so talented that they've got a few guys that can beat you."

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Frustrating game. We played well but this is why we can't get into a two goal hole to start. Sometimes the other team has great defense and/or goaltending and we can't get our usual 3+ goals in a game to make up for it.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Team played well for the most part, sometimes the other goalie beats you. But the sins of Saturday night hurt that much more now. The hot start may very well be a distant memory by the end of this trip. You KNOW Pitt is coming to play regardless of their record. At Nashville coming up.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Carter Hutton after the game:

"Honestly that last one there when it went across to Stamkos, I think everyone in the rink thought he was shooting it, but he had the poise to hold onto it and gets it back to Kucherov. I tried to get a push over and luckily it hit the outside of the post there. You know, they're an elite team. I thought in the 2nd, we sat back a little too much and let them take it to us. Kinda showing them too much respect. We were trying to flip pucks out and their transition game is too fast."

"I try to be a little aggressive, especially against a team like this with their speed. ... I just try to respect the shooter. Especially these guys are so talented that they've got a few guys that can beat you."
:popcorn:

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Lol buffalo didn't even play all that well. This game just felt like the players didn't care about winning the game. Nobody had any killer instinct.
can't forget Killer who actually had one!
Imma post his effort tonight at his place now.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Well I think this sums up my feelings about this team.

giphy.gif

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Coach Q is waiting for our phone call for a offer if we start going down hill quickly
I am not a big fan of Cooper, but I dont think that Q would won that SC final if Kucherov, Johnson and Bishop were healthy.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Kuch hitting iron twice in the last minute was heart-breaking.
Dom really should've had the 2nd goal IMO.
We outshot them 30-19 but Hutton was outstanding...

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Hutton was great for them last night, was unfortunate with the amount of times we hit the post but thats hockey for you. Cernak played brilliantly last night and grew into the game, did not look out of place one bit. Tough loss to take and we have now lost 2 in a row, was 5 points in front of Toronto but down to 1. Need to get a good few results in the upcoming road trip games.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We played well we just couldnt score. I credit Hutton there but we need to finish! Also cant be letting in these early goals so often. Its killing us lately.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Don't mistake effort for results.

We lost. The team seems a little off lately. That Sens game was pathetic.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We played well we just couldnt score. I credit Hutton there but we need to finish! Also cant be letting in these early goals so often. Its killing us lately.

It's been goaltending as much as anything else. Buffalo's first goal is what shifted momentum for us to play poorly last night. We were pretty good until then, then just handed them the last ten minutes of the period. That first one wasn't completely goaltending. Just a weird play where the puck pinballed around the slot and landed on Skinner's stick.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad