3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I can't remember when I was more down on the Rangers just 6 days ago. I can't remember the last time I felt this positive as the last two games. We won't be cup contenders or anything but man the future is bright.
I wasnt "down" when losing to the Bees, hey they scored 4 goals and were even mounting a miraculous comeback. What was very upsetting was Zbad's injury. God I pray its not a concussion as some have mentioned.
Could hurt his decision making with passes. Then he will have to shoot more.......oh wait......what?

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He's not what he was 5 years ago, but the Rangers D has been ass since 2015
Spot on. We all KNOW, goaltending and defensive play go hand in hand. When a goaltender doesn't TRUST his players surrounding him to clear the crease, get loose pucks, defend open players........then said goaltender has to react and position himself differently. Maybe anticipate what "may happen" as opposed to what he should be concentrating on. Hank has NEVER blamed anyone for anything, but he has implied that he has had to make adjustments........read between the lines. Just saying.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
With rebuilds you have to expect big highs and lows, we are somewhere in the middle of those as a team.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I enjoyed Duchene toward the end of the game try going between-the-legs with a shot- and getting stripped. Maybe by Hajek. I didn’t get the license plate. But it was nice.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
With rebuilds you have to expect big highs and lows, we are somewhere in the middle of those as a team.

I disagree. The difference between our wins and loses have been whether a 4th line player had 3 minutes of ice time or 3 minutes and 45 seconds of ice time.

Also on games we lose, Quinn lost the team, and on games we win, Quinn is the type of guy this team needs.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Anyone talking about how down they were on this team or how shocked they are to see us playing well or how surprised they are to see how great some of the young guys look (especially chytil)...if you've also been constant whiners then I want to smack you right in the mouth.

Some of you have been here for years and should know to expect exactly how this season has been going. It's nice you're all so happy but it doesn't make up for the crying and whining when they lose. The gloom and doom. The stupid predictions, analysis and decisive judgement hot takes.

A good 10-15 posts had me thinking like "are you serious? With how you've carried on? Just shut up."

Imagine a guy on your team starts insulting everyone, complaining about how bad you all are. He clearly has no clue about how to play either. He can't come up with anything other than saying who sucks. A bunch of plays get drawn up, a bunch of other people execute, you win and the whining idiot raises their arms while smugly looking like "oh I knew we had it". That dude starts bragging and talking about how good everyone is going to be. He can just tell. Shit gets old after a game or two, let alone a year or 5.

I swear maybe 20% of this board as any degree of self awareness

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
To your first observation - I think it’s just a coincidence, pretty obvious that the true connection is Staal being replaced by Lindgren.

I hope more people are starting to come around about Strome. His sample size of good play is getting larger.
And larger every game. Getting better? I would think with regular minutes and steady wingers, he just might be even better.
Not sure about you guys, but I value most of what Valiquette says. He isnt some pawn being told what to say. He KNOWS what he is talking about and has been on the Strome bandwagon for some time now.
When that trade was made, ridding ourselves of Spooner......it was more of "happy he is gone" as opposed to what we received in Ryan. He seized the glorious opportunity, while gettiing the hell out of hockey hell.
At best, most people thought it was just a change of scenery thing and what did we have to lose? Correct. But if anyone here actually thought for one minute that we would be getting what we have been from Ryan, then they would be lying. I dont get all the hate for him, we should be THRILLED! He keeps playing like he has, he will be getting a "nice payday" next year, with or withoutvthe Rangers, but worse case for everyone is he is traded at deadline and we "coupe" yet another pick or prospect. Its a win, win, win. Okay, my laundry list.

Not speedy? Check.
Not flashy? Double Check
Not a good FO guy? Wrong
Not a good ice awareness player? Wrong
Not a good passer? Wrong.
Not a battler? Wrong.
Not a team player? Wrong
Not good in the LR? Wrong
Selfish? Wrong.

Problem is most here wanna see all the kids play over him, and thing is he is still only 26.......so yeah, lets disperse of him he is useless. :sarcasm:
I personally think he is great for this team, already a vet, older but not old and in a perfect world (which it is not) he becomes the BEST 4th line center in the NHL....... when Lias or Howden demand that "up for grabs" 3C, in which we are assuming that Filip IS...... that 2C.
And if they don't, Ryan is actually not such a bad fallback at 3C. IMHO.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
And larger every game. Getting better? I would think with regular minutes and steady wingers, he just might be even better.
Not sure about you guys, but I value most of what Valiquette says. He isnt some pawn being told what to say. He KNOWS what he is talking about and has been on the Strome bandwagon for some time now.
When that trade was made, ridding ourselves of Spooner......it was more of "happy he is gone" as opposed to what we received in Ryan. He seized the glorious opportunity, while gettiing the hell out of hockey hell.
At best, most people thought it was just a change of scenery thing and what did we have to lose? Correct. But if anyone here actually thought for one minute that we would be getting what we have been from Ryan, then they would be lying. I dont get all the hate for him, we should be THRILLED! He keeps playing like he has, he will be getting a "nice payday" next year, with or withoutvthe Rangers, but worse case for everyone is he is traded at deadline and we "coupe" yet another pick or prospect. Its a win, win, win. Okay, my laundry list.

Not speedy? Check.
Not flashy? Double Check
Not a good FO guy? Wrong
Not a battler? Wrong.
Not a team player? Wrong
Selfish? Wrong.

Problem is most here wanna see all the kids play over him, and thing is he is still only 26.......so yeah, lets disperse of him he is useless. :sarcasm:
I personally think he is great for this team, already a vet, older but not old and in a perfect world (which it is not) he becomes the BEST 4th line center in the NHL....... when Lias or Howden demand that "up for grabs" 3C, in which we are assuming that Filip IS...... that 2C.

you gotta respect and appreciate the Pete Stemkowski's of the hockey world.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Hank's thinking, "you finally benched that guy but you won't let me play?"
He should be thinking:

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I've traveled each and every highway
But more, much more than this
I did it my way

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I wasnt "down" when losing to the Bees, hey they scored 4 goals and were even mounting a miraculous comeback. What was very upsetting was Zbad's injury. God I pray its not a concussion as some have mentioned.
Could hurt his decision making with passes. Then he will have to shoot more.......oh wait......what?

Eh, they scored 2 goals in the last 2 minutes. I was at the game, it was 6-2 with 2 minutes left and I did something I never do, I left so that I don't have to wait in line for the bathroom. And I missed 2 goals. That 2nd period was as bad as any period I can remember. Shots were like 20-4 and goals were 4-0.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Anyone talking about how down they were on this team or how shocked they are to see us playing well or how surprised they are to see how great some of the young guys look (especially chytil)...if you've also been constant whiners then I want to smack you right in the mouth.

Some of you have been here for years and should know to expect exactly how this season has been going. It's nice you're all so happy but it doesn't make up for the crying and whining when they lose. The gloom and doom. The stupid predictions, analysis and decisive judgement hot takes.

A good 10-15 posts had me thinking like "are you serious? With how you've carried on? Just shut up."

Imagine a guy on your team starts insulting everyone, complaining about how bad you all are. He clearly has no clue about how to play either. He can't come up with anything other than saying who sucks. A bunch of plays get drawn up, a bunch of other people execute, you win and the whining idiot raises their arms while smugly looking like "oh I knew we had it". That dude starts bragging and talking about how good everyone is going to be. He can just tell. **** gets old after a game or two, let alone a year or 5.

I swear maybe 20% of this board as any degree of self awareness

giphy.gif

Reactions: Richard Banger

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Georgiev was great, but this guy played exceptional. Made some spectacular saves, lots of grade "A" chances for the good guys. Alexander makes saves look rather simple.

It is a testament to Allaire's coaching and techniques and Alex's naturally calm attitude. Don't Juuse?

Reactions: Larrybiv

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
Is this a message to Henrik or just riding the hot hand?
Georgiev's 2nd consecutive start, despite a long break between games.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

Not speedy? Check.
Not flashy? Double Check
Not a good FO guy? Wrong
Not a battler? Wrong.
Not a team player? Wrong
Selfish? Wrong.

I always said that Strome was going to be solid. A dark horse. Detractors will continue to hate. He ain't the flashiest guy on the ice, but given the right situation, environment and surroundings, he's got enough in his skill set to pull it off. I see the way he knows how to move in and out of the bumper spot without having to think about it to give Panarin an option on the power play as Breadman moves around. Can I agree that Panarin makes him better? Heck yes. But plenty of guys would have shanked that Panarin dish that he tucked home yesterday.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We are too young and dumb to take any opponent for granted, but cant be a coincidence that Marc sits and our defense isnt running around like a chicken without a head as much.
Not going to get into whether or not it is a coincidence, but I will say that there is simply no way that they can scratch Hajek or Lindgren right now.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He should be thinking:

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I've traveled each and every highway
But more, much more than this
I did it my way
Every rose has its thorn

Last edited:

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I always did. Stemmer, Tkaczuk and Irvine a very hard working line, complimenting the GAG line.

Edit. Or was it MacGregor? Oh jeez, the memory is going. Lmao.

Stemmer and Tkaczuk (sic?) were both centers. Tkaczuk, Balon, Fairbairn at first. Vickers later.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Lias hasn't shown much offense as of yet.

That said, he hasn't exactly been put in a position to succeed in that way.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Lias hasn't shown much offense as of yet.

That said, he hasn't exactly been put in a position to succeed in that way.

Thought he had a down game after the one in Tampa, which was his best.

Another game where he doesn’t hang onto the puck for more than 1 second. He’s got zero confidence.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I thought Fast actually played worthy of the third star this afternoon. Really stellar performance for that whole line.

One wonders if you go

Panarin-Strome-Fast
Kreider-Chytil-Buchnevich
Lemieux-Zibanejad-Kakko

When Zibby returns. Or, maybe you see Chytil or Strome moved to wing to prevent Howden ending up on the 4th line.
I hope they move Strome to wing and not Chytil if they go that direction.
Not singling anybody out but there’s a reason I never post line combinations. Over the course of a season, everyone will have spent time with all the players at different times. I haven’t had any problems with Quinn’s line combinations because he’s learning how different pairs play together and what the different pros and cons for each combination are.
I will continue to say I am enjoying the process good and the bad. Will be interesting to see if Staal plays this week.

Reactions: Larrybiv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad