GDT: 11/1/21 - 7:00PM EDT - Washington vs Tampa Bay

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Wilson's behavior at the end could've easily taken Cernak out for months with a broken forearm. It's suspension worthy but we know it won't happen.

Reactions: Peacefool and U55

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hopefully Perry is just a slow starter cause he was awful tonight, like he shouldn't be in the NHL awful. That flub pass to a wide open Colton for a breakaway was some minor midget stuff.

Reactions: JoVel

OdinsFury

Oct 2, 2020
Hopefully Perry is just a slow starter cause he was awful tonight, like he shouldn't be in the NHL awful. That flub pass to a wide open Colton for a breakaway was some minor midget stuff.
The risk with older players is that they can literally fall of the cliff in any given year! Perry right now looks incredibly slow and even with his experience, just not good enough to compensate for it. I actually hope he is dealing with some injury because if it is truly age catching up with him, he should be rotated with Katchouk in the line-up at best!

Reactions: ultra63

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Perry had a rough game but he has been fine, no question an NHL caliber player. Once he gets one, I think he'll settle down a bit. Would like to see him take more shots from in close instead or forcing passes.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
One of those meh games from him, pretty invisible. He only managed a single shot on net despite us having 4 PP's including a 5 on 3.
PK's are cheating to the Stamkos one timer a lot now that Kuch is out. Heddy can't get it over fast enough to Stammer. Its crazy how much they cheat on Kuch to open up Stammer at the dot. Then again, everyone knows Ovi is on the dot, yet he still lets the shots go and score. They should funnel it through Stamkos and just let him fire away.

Did he look like he was playing hurt?
He looked quiet, but didn't look like he was playing hurt. Didn't notice his skating much this game which has been good before tonight. We'll see on Thursday against Toronto, where there will be 0 hitting and more a north - south type game.

Reactions: FromChaos22

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
PK's are cheating to the Stamkos one timer a lot now that Kuch is out. Heddy can't get it over fast enough to Stammer. Its crazy how much they cheat on Kuch to open up Stammer at the dot. Then again, everyone knows Ovi is on the dot, yet he still lets the shots go and score. They should funnel it through Stamkos and just let him fire away.

That's my issue with our PP, the set up for the one timer is awful, they never get a clean look..it's like they're always playing for the bumper shot that's covered by 3 guys. Part of that is on Stamkos because I don't think he positions himself as well as Ovechkin does and our set up men don't open up the ice for him like theirs do. Ovechkin gets real good looks on his shots, I know Cernak had 2 big blocks but Ovy was way in the clear to bomb those, it feels like Stamkos always gets hit shot off a weird angle or weird timing and you know already it's not going in before he shoots because the look just isn't there.

Reactions: Hoek

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The good news is we beat a good team with our best two forwards looking off.

That's the most noticeably bad I ever remember Point being, and he scored the winner.

Good game from some of the lower line guys.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
That's my issue with our PP, the set up for the one timer is awful, they never get a clean look..it's like they're always playing for the bumper shot that's covered by 3 guys. Part of that is on Stamkos because I don't think he positions himself as well as Ovechkin does and our set up men don't open up the ice for him like theirs do. Ovechkin gets real good looks on his shots, I know Cernak had 2 big blocks but Ovy was way in the clear to bomb those, it feels like Stamkos always gets hit shot off a weird angle or weird timing and you know already it's not going in before he shoots because the look just isn't there.
Yeah Ovechkin will shoot from anywhere in his general area, often just sitting back and firing from farther but Stamkos is a lot more particular about his "office" which makes the setup more difficult.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah Ovechkin will shoot from anywhere in his general area, often just sitting back and firing from farther but Stamkos is a lot more particular about his "office" which makes the setup more difficult.

Yeah I think he likes to be deeper in which makes it harder. Ovechkin hangs out further out top and if you cheat there you leave a lot of open lanes. Maybe Stamkos needs to adapt that cause he's rarely getting a clean one timer off these days.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The good news is we beat a good team with our best two forwards looking off.

That's the most noticeably bad I ever remember Point being, and he scored the winner.

Good game from some of the lower line guys.

That half wall cut is getting Point burned a lot, teams have adapted and guys aren't falling for it anymore. He needs a new trick.

Reactions: Ducati Boy and Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad