GDT: 11/1/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Islanders

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
The horn blew and everyone on the bench looked like a stone statue. The islanders were already jumping over the boards but nobody on that benched even moved.

FIRE COOPER NOW
St4YOB2.png

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
EIVMgfHW4AASUIr

See the difference? Doesn't matter if we had 30, 40 or 200 shots. Quality > quantity. Not a single shot attempt from in front of the crease. Not even a handful from over the hashmarks.
Yep, they take away the wings and force shots from high up because NOBODY on this team goes to the net. They don't have to worry about defending it so they get to clog up the middle and block anything that comes there way. Why do you think so many of our shots from the point go wide? They don't have any other option.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
He'll be employed for a bit yet. Everybody wants him gone ASAP, but JBB will almost surely be patient. I think he has another month, tops, though. Unless he pulls a rabbit out of his gum pack.

I'm as enthused as I am about thinking Jameis Winston will be the man.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Lol this guy as an absolute bozo.

"We tried hard."

"They buried pucks."

"It was a little deflating."

"We've got a week break, which is rare. :)"

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
first i apologize for not reading any posts do not want to be part of negative nannies.... Second I am sure this will not be well liked or maybe some will...

first period was a wash pretty much to me even ok period
second period up and down but didnt deserve to be down imho
third period my god i saw us for 10 minutes the real lightning they stood up griess stood on his head and then wham bam damn what a sham and flim flam

Vasy TERRIBLE...... 4th line first two goals on them and vasy letting in softies

third period first 3 minutes all they isle could do is ice puck took total momentum had it for approximately next 8 minutes DOMINATION 20 shots to 3 then a stupid wall bounce and vasy beat then another friggin bad bounce really? game over;;

i liked this one cirelli played great imho gourde and guys were at net......
paq verhaegh witko i wanted to bench on the hemmed in first goal they stood around no attack nothing bullshit.... second goal on them too TOO SOFT you are the damned energy line get out there and hit people or go back down and we will trade from someone like thompson or boyle who will do the job.... paq on second goal was hitting behind net first goal NO no one was working out for minute and half unreal......

anyway i see pluses honestly ones i can see to work on..... I figured we wouldnt come back greiss stood on head in third till we were probably about spent:( but i saw work in offensive zone by multiple guys multiple times hustle etc...

its baby steps when you get off your game.....

i will say this pittsburgh doesnt impress me isle DOES NOT AT ALL IMPRESS me after what i saw..... toronto florida etc.. blah

boston no way and hell they keep up what are doing imho

we will be fine imho.... we got to work through it and it will come in wins I really believe we will have a very good november after what im seeing in comeback and this game..... we had space most shots got blocked thats what trotzy does but we had open pucks kucherov fired like 4 str8 shots during and after power play good to see ....

simply gonna take us working our ass off

sad that vasy let in easy stuff tonight and bounces did no favors but i think we played a very good game myself

p.s. maroon cant come back fast enough verhaegh shoulda been yelling at paq and witko on that pk but hes a rookie they played that terribly no confidence whatever cant let guys skate around like figure skaters jesus

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
first i apologize for not reading any posts do not want to be part of negative nannies.... Second I am sure this will not be well liked or maybe some will...

first period was a wash pretty much to me even ok period
second period up and down but didnt deserve to be down imho
third period my god i saw us for 10 minutes the real lightning they stood up griess stood on his head and then wham bam damn what a sham and flim flam

Vasy TERRIBLE...... 4th line first two goals on them and vasy letting in softies

third period first 3 minutes all they isle could do is ice puck took total momentum had it for approximately next 8 minutes DOMINATION 20 shots to 3 then a stupid wall bounce and vasy beat then another friggin bad bounce really? game over;;

i liked this one cirelli played great imho gourde and guys were at net......
paq verhaegh witko i wanted to bench on the hemmed in first goal they stood around no attack nothing bull****.... second goal on them too TOO SOFT you are the damned energy line get out there and hit people or go back down and we will trade from someone like thompson or boyle who will do the job.... paq on second goal was hitting behind net first goal NO no one was working out for minute and half unreal......

anyway i see pluses honestly ones i can see to work on..... I figured we wouldnt come back greiss stood on head in third till we were probably about spent:( but i saw work in offensive zone by multiple guys multiple times hustle etc...

its baby steps when you get off your game.....

i will say this pittsburgh doesnt impress me isle DOES NOT AT ALL IMPRESS me after what i saw..... toronto florida etc.. blah

boston no way and hell they keep up what are doing imho

we will be fine imho.... we got to work through it and it will come in wins I really believe we will have a very good november after what im seeing in comeback and this game..... we had space most shots got blocked thats what trotzy does but we had open pucks kucherov fired like 4 str8 shots during and after power play good to see ....

simply gonna take us working our ass off

sad that vasy let in easy stuff tonight and bounces did no favors but i think we played a very good game myself

p.s. maroon cant come back fast enough verhaegh shoulda been yelling at paq and witko on that pk but hes a rookie they played that terribly no confidence whatever cant let guys skate around like figure skaters jesus
The Islanders don't care about looking pretty, they just care about winning and to do the amount of it they do with that lineup, well, if that's not impressive, I don't know what is.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Lol this guy as an absolute bozo.

"We tried hard."

"They buried pucks."

"It was a little deflating."

"We've got a week break, which is rare. :)"

You forgot:

"We were having passport issues which distracted the team. Oh, wrong game, got it. Just save it for the next two games please."

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
The Stooper post game quote that has my eyes bleeding:

Jon Cooper said they challenged the 4th goal because they thought it was a high stick. “4-1 or 3-1, it’s a big difference, so we went for it. Talked to the ref after and he said it was close... We’re just trying to give our (team) a chance.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->