GDT: 11/06/2019 | Game 17 | Red Wings @ Rangers | 8:00 EST | NBCSN

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I don't usually guess who's gonna score, (MIMITT voice) but when I do,
it's a player to get off the schneid: Erne & Perlini goal each. Hirose another secondary assist as he fears getting sent down.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I think Hirose's going to be a good one -- if he survives. He definitely needs a trip up the highway for a few weeks/months.

I will respectfully disagree. He is barely an NHL player. His strength and his shot are laughable. Sure he has NHL speed and NHL hands, but that's not enough for him to be " a good one". He reminds me of Nyquist...except a bad version of him.

It really is unfair to Chris Terry that he lights up the A every year, yet doesn't get many NHL games, then you have Hirose who looks like a Pee-Wee player out there, yet is still for some insane reason, on the PP.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I will respectfully disagree. He is barely an NHL player. His strength and his shot are laughable. Sure he has NHL speed and NHL hands, but that's not enough for him to be " a good one". He reminds me of Nyquist...except a bad version of him.

It really is unfair to Chris Terry that he lights up the A every year, yet doesn't get many NHL games, then you have Hirose who looks like a Pee-Wee player out there, yet is still for some insane reason, on the PP.
I think Hirose can be one of those players who can really excel from being on a good team. He's not the type of player that will shine on a bad team imo.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I think Hirose can be one of those players who can really excel from being on a good team. He's not the type of player that will shine on a bad team imo.

Fair enough, and you may very well be right. Unfortunately Detroit is not that team, and by the time we are good again he'll be closer to 30 than to 20.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Wondering if Mcilrath will get the boos or recognition since he was a Ranger at one time.

Doubtful many even care, bust of a pic for them but in reality he was always going to be what he is now for the most part. Hope he has a chip on his shoulder and knocks some people around, give us a little swagger.

Yooper906

Jul 1, 2016
Michigan
Back to rooting for younger guys to improve/score, older guys to play shitty, lose most games and get the #1 pick

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

I was looking at Terry's stats, and he had 20 pts in 57 games which is a heck of a lot better than what half the team is doing right now. Maybe he does deserve a callup, and send Hirose, Nielsen, Ehn, and/or Erne down (0 goals total).

He played for a crappy Canes team, I'm sure he'll fit right in.

A good team would have real hockey players. Show me where Hirose would fit with the Caps or Lightning? They certainly don't need a pass only, no shot, weak perimeter player.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I was looking at Terry's stats, and he had 20 pts in 57 games which is a heck of a lot better than what half the team is doing right now. Maybe he does deserve a callup, and send Hirose, Nielsen, Ehn, and/or Erne down (0 goals total).

He played for a crappy Canes team, I'm sure he'll fit right in.

A good team would have real hockey players. Show me where Hirose would fit with the Caps or Lightning? They certainly don't need a pass only, no shot, weak perimeter player.
I obviously can't prove to you that he would be a fit. I'm simply saying, it is my feeling he could do good things on a good team. I can't provide you any evidence of that. Just like I said I thought AA would be a better player than Nyquist or Tatar (not saying this is the case now but it was my feeling then). Just a gut feeling is all.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
The Wings will draw ratings no matter what their record is. Detroit fans are all over the country and always travel well.

For casual fans outside of Michigan, these games are the only ones that you'll get to see all season. Unless you get NHL.TV or stream through other places of course.

In addition to the rw hate markets wanting to watch us get turned out. Ie Colorado, Chicago, Anaslime, etc.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Perlini has yet to show much, hope he can find a little space and be creative. He seems like a passenger so far, hard to jump to a new team and fit in all the time but he doesn't look like he wants the puck on his stick at the moment.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Perlini has yet to show much, hope he can find a little space and be creative. He seems like a passenger so far, hard to jump to a new team and fit in all the time but he doesn't look like he wants the puck on his stick at the moment.

Talk about the shittiest line to be a passenger on. When I watch that line on the ice, I feel like the puck is always on Hirose’s stick long enough for him to get bullied into making a difficult pass or cough up.

I would like to see Erne get dropped off the second line. I’ve seen enough of him to feel like he’s not nearly skilled enough to play with AA or Filppula. That being said, he plays a simple and physical style that could give Hirose a little bit of breathing room. Swap Perlini and Erne and give it some time.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
C'mon Flip you can't go down like that against a rookie. Big Mac comin by to say hello. Lol

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
For casual fans outside of Michigan, these games are the only ones that you'll get to see all season. Unless you get NHL.TV or stream through other places of course.
Funny thing is if you DO have nhl.tv, these are the only games you DON'T get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->